“Nice bistro, great food”
Review of Walter Bistro

Walter Bistro
Ranked #1 167 of 6 247 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$12 - US$23
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We were 5 people on Sunday night. The place is very charming and the service was very good. The best thing about this place is the food. We had the pizza, burger, tataki tuna salad, parmentier and it was all delicious. Food and drinks prices are very reasonable. They only charge an extra $7 on bottle of wine from SAQ price. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

I've been 3 times to this lovely bistro and it keeps on getting better and impressing me more at every visit! I love the ambiance, the decor is amazing. There is very comfortable seating and the lighting is just right. The sausages on the appetizer menu are always amazing, like everything else I've had the chance to try at this restaurant! I will definitely visit again, perhaps in summer when they open their terrace. Long life to the Walter!

Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

I came here to celebrate my birthday with my Montreal peeps while on a work trip and I really enjoyed this bistro. The location was easy to get to by Metro (Henri-Bourrassa) and I was then picked up by a friend. The atmosphere was very warm and cozy. The food was absolutely delicious. The waitress was super nice and helpful but a bit slow in bringing drinks, asking for our order and bringing the bill. We didn't mind as much since we were too busy talking and catching up but it may have really annoyed someone else.

1  Thank Lallie11
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

Fleury street has many,many great resto's to chose from...
It's always fun to try a new resto when you know that the owner has had other resto's that have had success before.
I was here for a pre christmas supper with a friend.The service from our waitress was fantastic,she had great knowledge of the menu and of the wine list.
The only problem was the food...it was ok but not what i had expected..i had to send back my appetizer because it was cold...came back as a microzapped hunk of cheese.
My main course was ok but lacked the wow factor that i look for in new restos...the fries were soggy and not crispy as a pub's fries should be...
So my fellow t.a.'s...go to Walter for the service and ambience..but chose your food well or you could be disapointed.

1  Thank MontrealDuke
Reviewed 2 January 2017

I visited this restaurant when searching for someplace to eat on Fleury st. and was quite surprised to find this bistro. We didn't have a reservation, but we were early and they were able to accommodate us. Some of us had bavette and some pasta, and it was all good. Will certainly return, but this time I will reserve and spend a bit more time enjoying the experience. Really nice decor and good service!