“AWESOME FOOD and VALUE”

Sam's Family Restaurant
Ranked #83 of 275 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I travel to PEI on business a number of times per year. This may seem crazy but I have Sam's in my speed dial and call a head from 15 minutes out. WOW what a great club sandwich. I teach in PEI and can even save half the sandwich for the next day.
YUM

Reviewed 15 February 2018

Went to this Sam's the 2nd day in Charlottetown. The service was great and the waitress went out of her way to help us. We were going back to Halifax on a snowy Sunday morning. It seems that the waitress had our meal out quickly so we could get on the road. 3 of us had the big breakfast and it was great and the price was ok.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

Sam's in Charlottetown, is a great establishment. On one side a nice dining area and the other is a take-out place.

Breakfast: My girlfriend and I both ordered breakfast on the take-out side, full breakfasts eggs over easy - you know the works. Decided to sit down on in the both seating, kind of like the old Dairy Queen booths( contoured booth bench seats monolithic tables with everything affixed to the wall with lag bolts that would survive Jesus's second coming), and it was adequate though for us "Full-Bodied" people it was a little tight. The breakfast was everything you could expect out of a breakfast joint and the meal was inexpensive running in around $25.00 including drinks.

Dinner: Slightly different story. We ate ate in the dining area and found the actual experience to be a bit of a mash between diner and Old folks home dining area. The Service was awesome. Waitresses that knew their patrons and joked with them, attentive to everyone needs came by just the right amount so not to interupt conversations. The food is where the meal fell flat. I found the Clam Chowder to be from a can with very little seasoning and further a limited number of clams/seafood. The burger was nice cooked well with the works.

The sides are what really made me feel as if I was visiting my grandmother at her home. There were alot of unseasoned fries, almost more then a person could/should eat, with a side of vegetables that were just re-heated in a steam kettle and a side of coleslaw in the paper cups. There was nothing wrong with anything on the plate, including the sides, minus the overall lack of seasoning, it was simply the presentation and the quality of the ingredients that felt like it could have been raised to a slightly higher bar.

I would recommend Sam's to everyone as both an all day diner, with focus on the breakfast.

I have heard from many people that Sam's Pizza is very good, though I have not had the pleasure of eating the pizza yet.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Typical diner. The portions are big, lots of fries, the vegetables tasted like canned veg, the coleslaw is good, good rolls

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We asked a delivery guy where he recommended a meal and he said “Sam’s”— definitely not tourists and very well priced. I had liver and onions (delicious) and someone else had a donair (open faced gyro) - husband’s lobster burger was different than he thought it would be (cold and not warm) but all worth it.