“Gave it three tries....... your out !!”

The Brickhouse Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #28 of 275 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We have created a truly unique dining experience based on local products, a culinary flare and an atmosphere that brings the kitchen to the forefront. We invite you to experience and enjoy The Brickhouse and Marc's Lounge in Downtown Charlottetown today.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place is overpriced the food is just fair and the service is good. I've been there for a business lunch and evening meal with 8 and a couples meal. There is nothing exceptional about this place of the food but the price. I eat at lots of restaurants around town. Many of them Murphy owned. My suggestion ..... go to the Gahan across the street !

2  Thank mdhennessey

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The food was adequate, the service adequate, the place very pretty. Overall a nice experience but there are so many other choices probably would not go back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I am from out of town, and regularly visit the brick house when I arrive. Today was the absolute worst experience. Had the fried chicken sandwich. Chicken was rubbery like it was microwaved. My cousin had the grilled cheese which was inedible and nicely they took it off our bill. We had apple crisp for dessert. The ice cream was dairy free. Actually not ice cream at all, but a frozen cube of coconut milk. I just didn't know what to say. The quality has gone way down hill. I use to look forward to dinner there. This was my last visit.

brickhousepei, Guest Services at The Brickhouse Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Tabbi G,
We are very sorry about this disappointing experience. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention, we always appreciate feedback that will help us improve in the future. We'd love to hear more from you, you can contact us at dbbrickhouse@murphyrestaurants.ca.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A group of work colleagues visited the "Brickhouse" for a evening dinner. Although of group was about 14 people, our server "Megan 2" did an incredible job. A couple of us asked the size of the calamari ($15) as an appetizer. Megan described it as a narrow tray but long. This is an understatement. This had to be the largest serving of calamari I ever had. Tray may be narrow, but it is certainly long. Although it was deep fried, it has been done in a sesame glaze and pickled peppers. Very good, and it was enough for a meal alone. Not knowing the appetizer would be so large, I had ordered the "Scallop Pot Pie" ($22). Never heard of such a dish, and was not disappointed. Scallops with mushrooms and cherry tomatoes, all tops with a crust. And like the appetizer, this is a large serving. Colleague next to me ordered an appetizer of flatbread which came with a large serving of a dip. This flatbread is excellent and the dip and very tasty. Unlike other places, flatbread disappeared and there was till lots of the dip left over. Server was kind to bring more flatbread, but by this time everyone getting too full. Everyone in the group enjoyed their meal. This place is very fortunate to have our server in their establishment. She was prompt and friendly. Many us saw her patience and great smile throughout our dining experience. This is definitely worth visiting, but go on an empty stomach.

2  Thank Blair M
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very much enjoyed the Best of sea appetizer section, interesting flavour combinations that I would have never thought to put together. The rock crab appetizer was tasty and light, the corn salsa was trying so hard to be a great match but the corn was not fresh and plump like corn should be. The Brickhouse salad was a nice plate of greens but could have a bit more inspiration added to it. Other meals looked good with many options on the menu. I would give it a try again when in town.

1  Thank msc_travel2013