2 people are viewing this hotel
US$120
US$120
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
US$118
Hotels.comUS$120
PricelineUS$120
TraveluroUS$137
Reviews (1 572)
1 572 results
All reviews panoramic view detroit skyline breakfast buffet parking garage tunnel bus great stay yogurt front desk staff king bed hot tub ambassador bridge great room bw keg casino sauna canada
Selected filters
22 - 27 of 1 572 reviews
Reviewed 27 July 2021

I am writing this message as forewarning to anyone travelling to this hotel. I would STRONGLY advise you select a different hotel. The Holiday Inn nearby had very friendly service and was nice/clean. The reason I am writing this poor review is that this Best Western has terrible management customer service. I attempted to check in and upon check-in was told my reservation would not be accepted based on a rule that was not communicated, is not written or posted anywhere, and is not a rule the corporate office is aware of. Upon arrival at the hotel at 130AM in the morning my confirmed reservation was not accepted because I had been out of the country in the previous 30 days. The rule seemed vague even to the front desk employee who deferred to a night security guard to make the call. Funny enough, I called the hotel earlier that day to confirm I would be late due to delayed travel FROM the USA...they mentioned this was no problem. Ultimately, I was refused and found new hotel but in attempting to follow-up to have things made right, it was clear the manager had no interest in that. As a matter of fact, she tried to change her story at one point to say the hotel had the right to refuse my reservation for any reason. This was clearly an attempt to steer away from their initial rejection of a fully vaccinated person who had NO quarantine requirements because she was aware that the actual rule was not available to view ANYWHERE. Reached out to General Manager a week ago and haven't heard a word! My advice....go anywhere else! If the policies of the hotel are so mismanaged I am sure lots of other things are as well.

Reviewed 27 July 2021

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay with a panoramic view of the water. It was stunning. We were able to ride our bikes along the water front and watch the ships. The sunrise would have been great to watch from our window if it hadn't rained and been so foggy but I will enjoy next time im there in October.

Reviewed 23 July 2021

We were pleasantly surprised when walking into the hotel, smelling disinfectant. Due to the Covid isolation it was our first trip out over night. The hotel seemed a bit old but turned out to be great - bedding, service, view breakfast, etc. Would come back any time.

Reviewed 23 July 2021

Overall it was a nice experience. Lovely panoramic views of the river and downtown area of Detroit. Beds were comfortable. Room was very clean. Nice to be able to walk to nearby restaurants and waterfront area.

Room tip: You need book room with panoramic view
1  Thank Lucia M
Reviewed 21 July 2021

Not offering housekeeping to guests staying longer then 1 night is unacceptable. for 3 nights , 4 days - I had overflowing garbage, no fresh towels, no clean-up and all because "covid" - Completely disappointing and embarassing considering I referred 4 others to stay based on past experience. Locjdowns are lifted, in Canada vaccine rates are high and most businesses are back open, even without that, housekeeping should bever be sacrificed. Garbage, brings bugs. Stop using Covid as an excuse for subpar service. - Or at least discount rooms, offer pre - full disclosure or shut your business down.

• Trip type: Travelled on business