2 people are viewing this hotel
US$120
US$120
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
US$118
Hotels.comUS$120
Trip.comUS$120
TraveluroUS$137
Reviews (1 572)
1 572 results
All reviews panoramic view detroit skyline breakfast buffet parking garage tunnel bus great stay yogurt front desk staff king bed hot tub ambassador bridge great room bw keg casino sauna canada
Selected filters
1 329 - 1 334 of 1 572 reviews
Reviewed 28 May 2015

We stayed here for 2 nights for a friends wedding in May. Our check in was quick & easy. Our room was on the 10th floor, with a partial river view, overlooking Detroit. The room was very spacious, and clean. The hallways looked like they could do with abit of tlc.
Breakfast was very busy, and little choice-but it was included in the room rate, so not bad value for money. Upon check out reception looked after our luggage for several hours while we had a wander around, at no charge. The staff were very friendly and ordered us cabs upon our request. Over all a very enjoyable stay.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
WATERFRONT HOTE... D, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2015

Dear DivaNic1975,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on Trip Advisor, it is much appreciated. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, while you were in town for your friend's wedding. As you experienced, our partial river view rooms face either east or west, offering a nice view of the Detroit River & Skyline. For just a small upgrade fee, our panoramic view rooms offer floor-to-ceiling windows with a full front view overlooking the water. We hope you enjoyed touring around the local area, and we hope you enjoyed taking in the sites along the Windsor Waterfront Path.
Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback. We hope we have the opportunity to host you again!

Reviewed 27 May 2015

I would love to give a glowing review of this hotel, but I can't. I checked in on a Friday after a 4.5 hour drive. I wanted to get to my room, shower, change and meet with my family. It took an unusually long time to check in because the lady working at the front desk did not appear to know what she was doing. (that was later confirmed) Her co worker assisted her but stopped to check another family in. I waited as that party checked in while the rep assisting me was still trying to figure things out. She advised she needed my credit card for incidentals even though my son had already arranged with the hotel to cover my room charges. When asked what type of incidentals I might incur, she advised if I drank the bottle of water provided by the hotel I would be charged. There was no bottled water in my room. She was polite and apologized and I was finally off to my room. I checked my bank statement on Monday evening to discover that my debit card was being charged for this stay. I got dressed and when to the front desk. I was told the lady who checked us in failed to do something properly and that is why my card was being charged for the room. I was told it may take 3 to 5 business days for my funds to be returned to my account. I was advised I could speak with Mandy Choi, the manager, to voice my complaints. She was not available at the time so I got her business card. I just left her a voicemail message and I will see what happens. I doubt they can do anything, however I need those funds today. The hotel was OK , with a big blunder like this, I can't give them more than 2 stars. My son & daughter in law (newlyweds) had problems with their room being cleaned properly. My daughter and I checked into a room with half rolls of toilet paper so we later had to call and request more. The pool and fitness center were great. It would have been nice to have the spa pool and sauna open and available for use. My daughter's boyfriend was a bit upset when he went to the lobby for breakfast at 9:55 AM and everything was packed up and gone. If you advertise breakfast until 10 AM you should not close it down 5 minutes before time. I was very grateful for the front desk agent who tried to get an appointment for a manicure for me and my daughter but when we could not find a salon, she was able to track down nail polish remover so we could do our nails in our room. The rooms all have a view of the Detroit River. They are not all great views. I was on the 5th floor so my view was mostly of the heating and air units and a slither of the lake. The hotel should consider putting the floor numbers on the wall as you exit the elevators. You must step out of the elevator and look to your right to confirm that you are on the correct floor. I had that problem as did many other guests. Overall, it's OK for a place to lay your head for a couple of hours.

Room tip: Select a room on a higher floor, preferably a deluxe room.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ginger B
WATERFRONT HOTE... D, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2015

Dear Ginger B,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on Trip Advisor, it is much appreciated. We are disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us, and we apologize for the inconvenience you may have experienced due to the billing issue. We are also disappointed to hear your daughter's boyfriend was not able to enjoy the Complimentary Free Breakfast Buffet that was included in your room rate. Our buffet is available between 6:30 - 9:30am, Monday - Friday and 7:00am - 10:00am on Saturday/Sunday, and should always remain open until the posted end time. Finally, we would like to thank you for your suggestion to make floor numbers visible as you exit off of our elevators. It is something that has not been brought to our attention before, and we appreciate being able to correct something that might impact the total guest experience.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly.

Reviewed 27 May 2015

Very nice view. Breakfast buffet was very basic but excellent staff at keeping the buffet clean and stocked.

The hot tub was not working nor was the sauna. But the fitness room is nice. Rooms are also very nice.

Nothing much around--didn't eat in Windsor.

My friends and I stayed here because we couldn't find a hotel in Detroit. Really bad idea! Even if the crossing is quick, the toll is $5 each way and the guards ask such stupid questions to me, the only non-white person.

Dear KSL13,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment on Trip Advisor, it is much appreciated. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and we would like to thank you for noticing and sharing your kind words about our Breakfast Attendants. They undoubtedly work hard to ensure the breakfast buffet remains fully stocked, which can be a difficult job especially during our busy weekends. Your comments will be passed on to the appropriate department and shared with the team. The next time you stay, we would like to invite you to explore the many restaurants/pubs/bars located close to us in Downtown Windsor. With so many options to choose from, we know you won't be disappointed!
Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback. We hope to host you again soon!

Reviewed 21 May 2015

We paid for a room with a panoramic view, however one of the windows was fogged up and you could not see out of it. The bed was lumpy but not uncomfortable. Check-in was easy though coming in from the parking garage was quite a roundabout way. Check-out was quick.

The breakfast was okay, nothing great.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
WATERFRONT HOTE... D, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2015

Dear ArchanaG152,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on Trip Advisor, it is much appreciated. We are happy to hear you had a positive experience with our check-in/check-out process, but disappointed to hear that one of your windows was fogged up. The view from the Full Panoramic View rooms of the Detroit River & Skyline is truly spectacular, and we are sorry if you did not get to enjoy it to your full satisfaction. We do strive to give each of our guests a positive experience, and we hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again and meet this standard.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

The Waterfront Hotel Downtown Windsor Team

Reviewed 10 May 2015

Though this hotel is somewhat threadbare, and was built during the first flush of Windsor's introduction of casino gambling, it still has many virtues.The rooms are clean and comfortable.The breakfast buffet is hearty. And it's convenient to a host of attractions: Caesars Casino, the bus station (directly across the street, from which one can take the frequent tunnel bus into Detroit for games or nightlife), Dieppe Gardens, Ouellette Avenue, the Tunnel...even Windsor's Community Museum, over which the hotel looms noticeably.

The most remarkable asset, though, is the view across the Detroit River to the Detroit skyline. Whether in daytime or at night, whether from the ground or from up in one of the hotel rooms, the view from Windsor is iconic and belies the conventional wisdom about Detroit as a city in decay. From the park directly in front of the hotel a big ore boat chugging upriver is a unique and memorable sight. And one can even hear the People Mover as it glides along the river's opposite bank, like an evocation of some futuristic metropolis.

For the money, we had a good time...on the Waterfront.

1  Thank David K

Dear DoeHEAD,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on Trip Advisor, it is much appreciated. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us in May, and that you enjoyed the incredible views of the Detroit River & Skyline. As you mentioned in your review, the skyline of Detroit as seen from our guest rooms is truly iconic, and we are happy to be able to share that with each and every guest whom stays with us. From the towering GM buildings, to the music heard from festivals held at Hart Plaza, the ability to enjoy the sights and sounds of a major city in another country from the comfort of our guest rooms, is truly a unique experience.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to host you again in the future.

The Waterfront Hotel Downtown Windsor Family