“One is the lonliest number”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #103 of 9 246 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Cross street: Richmond/University
Description: Enjoy award-winning cuisine and gracious hospitality at Ruth's Chris Steak House and allow us to tempt you with a range of entrees from the finest USDA prime steaks broiled at 1800 degrees and served sizzling, to the freshest seafood and poultry, imaginative side dishes, unforgettable desserts and an award winning wine list. At Ruth's Chris, your steak is carefully selected from the finest USDA Prime beef available. It is aged to perfection and cut by hand at the restaurant. Then, your steak is broiled - to your exact order - at a searing 1800 degrees Fahrenheit to lock in the corn-fed flavor and natural juices. It's served hot and sizzling. In fact, you can actually hear your steak sizzling from across the room. Open for LUNCH every FRIDAY.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Entered at 4:30pm empty restaurant and they try to force me to bar and they succeded. I ended up at high table at bar. I should have left. Slow service to my table only. Never got a refill on my water.Bever was offered a refill on my ice tea. Waited twenty minutes for my check and I had to ask manager for it. Probably first time I was ever disappointed at a Ruth Chris. Definitely didn't get my money's worth this Tim's but I did get a big dose of disappointment.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

the staff was typical of a high end restaurant, but I was not really impressed by the food this time.
when you are paying 70 or more for a steak, you expect something beyond the norm. Mine was undercooked, probably intentionally, and really was no better than you find at a chain steak-house. I love lobster mac n cheese, but I cant say that I would ever order it again at a Ruths. It was just plain not good - basically all salty claw meat and very little cheese. The bread was probably the best part of the meal.
Maybe was a bad time of the night, or I was just unlucky. Previous visits to Ruths were much better. This was a waste of money.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Second time here and this visit was better than the last. Ordered the 3 course meal and have to say the quality and quantity of food is good. Steaks were prepared well and service was also quite good and quick. Will return again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We don't normally go for a $200+ dinner for 2, but were celebrating a special occasion. We had eaten in Ruth's Chris in Atlanta and Los Angeles and went with high expectations. The service was excellent from the moment we approached the front desk. A very professional operation. The disappointment was in the actual flavour of the meal. The Caesar dressing, though purportedly house made, was bland and lacked any kick. The sides of shoestring fries and creamed spinach were good - maybe not as good as remembered. My 8oz filet was cooked perfectly and was melt in your mouth tender - almost suspiciously so, as it was lacking in flavour other than the butter that their steaks are famously finished in. The Key Lime pie that we split for desert was absolutely the best I have ever tasted and was the highlight of the meal taste-wise. Our server was as good as you could ever hope for in the finest restaurant, happily serving our salad and pie on 2 plates each as we were splitting them, making appropriate humourous conversation and expertly orchestrating the service by various serving helpers. Will likely look for another steakhouse to try next time. At $230 with tip, no alcohol, shared sides and a small steak, I would hope for a better tasting experience.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

The location is in a basement so it’s cozy in winter but not the best for summer. The steak is pretty good but comes floating in butter so try to remember to ask for easy on butter or none at all. The shrimp appetizer is not good... the dip is just ketchup with a bit of horse radish. Wedge salad is great. Drinks are good but most wine (even bottles) is served at room temp. The staff is usually friendly and good, but there is one server named Paul who is sensational. Ask for him at the downtown Toronto location!! Overall it’s one of our go to places but to give it a 5 would be too generous given the higher priced menu.