Reviews (1 787)
1 787 results
All reviewsmaple leaf gardenscarlton streetcollege subway stationrooms are smalltoronto downtowneaton centregay villageyonge sthigher floormini fridgeconvenient locationcn towercoffee makerroom keyloblawslcboconcierge
46 - 51 of 1 787 reviews
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Stayed for a concert at the ACC with two friends and this hotel was in the perfect location. Right by a subway which we took to the concert and also had lots of restaurants and bars for before and after the concert. The hotel was very clean and up to date. The staff were great. We needed a microwave after the show and there's a microwave facility on the 2nd floor which was perfect. The hotel was also very safe as you needed a key to access the elevators, washrooms, ice room, etc. Over all it was a good stay. Only complaint would be that it was a bit expensive but that's expected for Toronto unfortunately.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ashley F
George D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Thank you Ashley F for your review.

We hope you and your friends had a great time at the concert, and are glad you found our location convenient during your time in Toronto.

Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

This is a fine hotel in an okay location. The hotel was clean, neat and the staff was pleasant. It just wasn't great. However, the added value of more expensive hotels doesn't make sense because of the lower price of the Holiday Inn.

Location - my family tends to spend more time around King and Queen streets - so the hotel was just far enough away to make it noticeable after a long day hiking around the city. There is a metro station close and I would suggest getting a pass to romp around the city. In addition, there are no public parking garages close to this hotel so you will have to cough up the $26 per day to park.

Amenities - the pool is great, but here is no Jacuzzi. Ice and vending is not on every floor and if you want to microwave something you need to go the the 2nd floor. The linens were nice and the pillows and mattress comfortable. I am not a fan of pocket doors in the bathrooms because I don't think they offer the privacy, but that is probably just me.

Staff - the staff was very nice and seemed to want to make the guests happy.

Bottom Line - we saved a bunch of money staying here so if the prices are the same I will most likely stay here again. However, I would prefer to be on King or Queen.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you rlayman2016 for your review.

We're sorry to hear our location wasn't as convenient as you had anticipated. We hope you still enjoyed your time visiting family in Toronto.

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 6 July 2018

Well situated in Downtown Toronto. Excellent staff, nothing too much trouble. Rooms clean, tidy and comfortable. Situated on a main street, but little noise noticeable. The bar was handy for snacks (pizza especially good) and choice of ales. Their other restaurants we did not try.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you Mike M for your kind review.

We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you had an opportunity to enjoy Thirty Bar during your visit.

Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2018

After I checked out from the Holiday Inn, I noticed my Visa card was OVER CHARGED by more than $200. I contacted the front desk and spoke to Melissa. She told me the charges were for miscellaneous items and would be taken taken off my Visa after a week. She was very condescending towards me after I told her the amounts don’t add up. As I was on the phone while she was checking into this she was laughing and telling her colleagues that I am complaining about extra charges on my credit card. I found this very unprofessional. She again told me the Visa charges were miscellaneous and did not give me the opportunity to explain anything more. I could see it was hopeless to get anywhere with her. She ended by saying she could not resolve this. I said ok and hung up.
I called back later and asked for the billing department. I spoke with Kristina and she
said the extra charges were for a no show charge for a one night reservation. This was a obvious mistake on their part. She said she was going to look into this and call me back in few hours. I never heard back from her at all. I called back the following day and spoke with a gentleman who said they are working on reversing the charges. As of today’s date July 1st, I have still not been reimbursed. This is most disappointing as it’s been almost a week since this problem is going on. I sure didn't expect something like this from a Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: I recommend a room that is facing Carlton Street.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank 702sean
George D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Thank you 702sean for bringing this to our attention.

We sincerely apologize if you felt your concerns were not adequately addressed, and have forwarded your comments to our Director of Guest Services to investigate.

If you would like to discuss this further, we invite you to contact our General Manager, George DeSilva, at g.desilva@hitorontodowntown.ca.

Thank you for staying with us. We hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2018

Stayed for work; it was pricey because of the conventions in town, room was a reasonable size for one or two people, comfortable bed, it was quite dark though and on the 4th floor, loud from street noise. If that bothers you ask for a higher floor, I wish I had. Ate dinner and breakfast in the hotel, although there are plenty of options within walking distance. Food was fine. There is also quite a well stocked convenience store right int the lobby. The staff were extremely friendly and did not seem to lose their patience at all particularly considering how packed they were and with some guests who appeared very high maintenance. A reliable choice that lives up to the brand.

Room Tip: 4th floor had a lot of street noise
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Thank you casespalmas for your review.

We appreciate you taking the time to recognize the efforts of our staff during a busy time in our hotel. We'll be sure to pass on your compliments to them.

We're glad you had a great time in Toronto, and hope we'll see you on your next trip to to the city.

Thank you for staying with us!