All reviews yonge street great location north tower college station valet parking eaton centre second cup gay village no hot water shoppers drug mart would stay here again minute walk valet service toronto downtown central location comfortable room busy hotel
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

This was the perfect location for shopping and close to my office. Staff were friendly and accommodating even though they were extremely busy and did not have enough staff working at reception. Line up to check in were long and even though I had asked for a feather free room, I did not receive. This hotel states that rooms had been recently renovated, however my ceiling looked like it was peeling and going to fall down. There was actually drywall dropping on the floor. I was expecting a bit more from the marriott chain as this is the first time I have stayed. No restaurant, only an expensive Starbucks for breakfast. I will visit again at a less busy time and hopefully the sky won't be falling.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Henry N, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay. We are so proud of our staff at The Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Toronto, and we will be sure to pass along your kind words. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

The room was spacious and clean. My room was facing Yonge Street, which would have been great for the Pride Parade weekend. I did not hear most of the traffic noise, unless a car was playing blaring music. Being a heavy sleeper, my sleep was unaffected. The interiors of the hotel were pretty new. The location of the hotel was very convenient, close to the College subway and surrounded by multiple eateries.
The bellman was very helpful in making multiple trips to transfer all my luggage. The housekeeper was a friendly lady who reminded me repeatedly to keep well-hydrated over the hot Canada Day weekend.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, request for higher floors and rooms which are not facing Yonge street.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2018

We are a family of 4 and stayed 5 nights in a standard queen room. The hotel is in a good location, with many shops and restaurants nearby. The subway is within walking distance, and in the mornings I could hear its murmur as it traveled beneath the building.

Our room was a good size, and overall comfortable. Windows did not seem soundproofed, as street noise could be easily heard. The bath and toilet area had a barn door, which separated it from the sink. Although nice looking and it is a decorating trend, the barn door could not open quietly or easily at times; also it did not fit the opening well and left a small gap (which could be a privacy issue for some people). The sink was a good size with some counter space; it would have been good to have a small towel rack near the sink.

Overall, staff was pleasant and helpful. I noted that front desk staff did not know the answer to my question about taxi fare, and believe that they should know such relative information. The concierge was busy at the time, so I did ask the valet person, and he was more helpful.

Lobby, entry, and restaurant areas were clean, nicely decorated and well-lit. Elevators seemed slow and thus not helpful when there is a crowd waiting.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

I spend a lot of time in Marriott hotels; this one was quite good, with a nice room, great staff, fine bistro, and a great location whether you were here on business or for fun. This part of town is in transition, from rough to quite good, and these guys are on the right side of the curve.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2018

I spent a week at this hotel while in town for business. The reception staff was excellent, and the room was comfortable and clean. That said, it was almost $200 plus $35 for valet parking (no self park option is available). The cleaning staff were not very motivated. One of the elevators had a spill that remained for 2 days until someone finally cleaned it up, and there was a luggage cart in the hallway in front of the elevators on my floor for 4 days. Location is very loud (police, fire, traffic noise felt like they were right in my room.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Henry N, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018