US$177
US$156
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$214/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$224
US$163
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$218/night.

US$224
US$188
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$332/night.

US$288
US$174
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$217/night.

US$180
US$137
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$168/night.

US$187
US$174
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$210/night.

US$278
US$202
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$246/night.

US$177
US$173
Novotel
US$229
US$202
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$278/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
1 932
1 431
2 529
1 932
All reviewsmarket gardenadult poolfamily poolhuge hotelbusy hoteleaton centreyonge streetmarch breakcentral locationheart of downtowncn towergerrardsubwayconcierge
47 - 52 of 7 178 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Fine location, shame the hotel has not been updated since the 1970’s. I have not been so disappointed in a hotel in a long while. The furniture in my room was bough when Regan and Gorbachev were still in power. If they keep to their policy of not spending any money on maintenance in a few years they could rebrand as a retro themed hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Langham Hospitality Group
1  Thank andrewjuric
Guestexsp, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review based on your last experience with us.

We truly care about what our guests think, how they feel and we do take all comments and concerns to heart.

We greatly appreciate and respect your observations in regards to the updating of our establishment. We would like for you to know that we had just finished a major renovation project in recent years and will excitingly proceed with further improvements and upgrades to better serve and please our wonderful guests such as yourself.

We hope to warmly welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I spent the night here with my mom June 27th and while the hotel is definitely in a great location (walking distance to restaurants, shops) there is not much else that I enjoyed. The entire hotel is in desperate need of updating and the rooms are mediocre at best. Definitely not worth the money! Spend a little more and get somewhere you actually enjoy staying at!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Allison M

Dear Allison,

We are pleased that you had enjoyed staying in the heart of downtown - we hope you had a chance to see and do as much as possible.

We had just finished a major renovation project in recent years and will excitingly proceed with further improvements and upgrades to better serve and please our wonderful guests such as yourself.

We hope to warmly welcome you back soon as it was a pleasure having you here.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We've stayed here a number of times over the years, this had been our go-to hotel as it is very close to the universities. Though the rooms were always small for the price, the location made up for it. Well, to a point.
This last stay, the rate quoted was super high (~$300), and to ensure two double beds (one for our son, extra cots don't fit here), the cost was higher still. To secure the room, a non refundable deposit equal to the cost of our entire stay would be required. Fine. $383 for one night. Charged to our card immediately for a stay a month away.

On check in, I'm asked for my credit card. Why? To put a 'hold' for $250 on it. Why? In case my card doesn't clear for room charges. Uh, the room is prepard. Oh, I see that now. I still need to charge you. Why? In case you park. Already said, not parking. Oh, correct. Well, I STILL need your card to put $250 on it or you can't stay here. It's for anything else. It will be returned to you on check out. We are committed to stay here and already into this escapade for hundreds, so I surrender my card. After it is processed, then, 'you will see this hold on your card for 5 to 7 business days AFTER you leave. Wait, What? Did you not just tell me it would be returned immediately? Well, yes, but those credit card companies. Where is this charge explained? Nowhere, you should have called us to book your room, this info is not on the website. Well, I booked it over the phone with you. Oh, sorry. Do I get a receipt for this charge? No.

I asked to speak with a manger. Oh, he's on lunch . Return time unknown. Next morning, I came down specifically to look for a manager, asked the concierge. Oh, he's on lunch. When will he be back? Don't know. Hmmm.

(BTW hold stayed active for 9 days post check out).

ON checkout, we needed to leave our bags for a couple of hours. A mistake we mostly got away with. Bags were manhandled, one of them, which we warned had a handle broken, leave it stowed, came out with the handle extended and the thing being used as a dolly for other guests' bags. Handle is now bent and jammed open. But we were lucky, other guests were frantic, their bag had gone missing from the bag room, concierge was unapologetic, come see for your self, it's not here.

I hate to say it, but while the location is still great, the room still adequate, there is just too much wrong with the attitude. Having over $600 tied up for one nights stay? No warning about a $250 hold on the card? Busted bags? We can do better.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

We are sorry to learn that you may not have been fully aware of our security deposit in case of incidentals policy and procedure as well as for any inconveniences caused to you as a result. Once the security deposit amount gets released upon your departure, it still does take time to fully process through your banking institution, etc.

We apologize if you had an unpleasant experience in regards to luggage storage - please know that we will duly review your concerns and they will be promptly followed-up on. Your happiness is of utmost importance to us and we do take every comment and piece of feedback seriously.

We hope to warmly welcome you back soon for a stay that you are most contented with.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A few months ago I allowed this hotel to use my credit card only to hold a room for a few nights until the financial aspects of a billing for a sick person was straightened out. Since that time they have kept billing me for various nights, without my permission, for various nights although I have not even been in Toronto for the past few months, let along at that hotel. I suspect this is a scam by the hotel, as they are also billing someone else for the same nights and same room, and plan on contacting the Police up that way asap, as this is fraud. Attempts have been made for this hotel to leave my credit card alone, but they will not. People, be aware and watch your credit card for months to come if you have stayed at this hotel....

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Millie,

We are sorry to learn that you may have encountered a billing discrepancy (or multiple billing issues) as we can certainly understand any disappointment or confusion as a result.

We would like for you to contact us directly so we can rectify matters for you.

We hope to warmly welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Their “free” WiFi is a joke. Unsecured network with the slowest possible speed on earth. Quite embarrassing to say that I’ve stayed in cheaper hotels in third world countries that offer better internet than what they had to offer. If you need good internet look for better hotels. Couldn’t even do my work properly, considered checking out early but since I only had 2 days left I didn’t go through with that idea.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank mrsabretooth
Guestexsp, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Valued Guest,

Our hotel understands the needs of a business guest therefore, we are disheartened to learn that we had failed to not provide the basics when we are typically known for providing an above and beyond experience.

We apologize that you had encountered issues upon trying to use our Wi-Fi and for the inconveniences endured as a result. We will ensure that we take the necessary steps to improve the issues experienced to limit any future unpleasant occurrences going forward.

We hope you will have a change of heart and allow us to deliver upon a stay you are most contented with.