“Place to drink different beers”

Kensington Brewing Company
Ranked #209 of 573 things to do in Toronto
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Our story starts in 2011 when we set out with a simple goal: brew a hoppy pale ale that would compliment our house-ground burgers. When our beer was a bigger hit than our burgers, we knew it was time to pursue an adventure in craft beer. Join us at our brewery, tap room and bottle shop and dive into a wide selection of amazing beer made right in the Market, inspired our friends and neighbours.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 28 June 2018

It´s a small brewery and you can taste all the 8 types of beer. It´s possible to buy beer to leave (hot ou cold). The beer is good and there is no food available. But you can bring your own food or order using Uber Eats. I recommend.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Excellent beer from an array of Styles. Staff dearly friendly. Charming streets for a sightseeing. The food is also good, with a peculiar tasty. I recommend it.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

A very respectable microbrewery in the eclectic heart of Kensington Market. 8 featured pulls on rotation. It’s all about the beer, and rightly so, but the vibe is laid back and they encourage consumption of local fare alongside local hops, and even recommend neighbourhood pairings. The staff were enthusiastic and knowledgeable without the relatively common degree of pretentiousness or indifference (especially in Toronto—sorry Toronto, not that you’ll care!) and were happy to indulge a weary traveller.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

By far my favorite craft beer I had during my weekend trip in Toronto. I walked to the brewery from my downtown hotel, and it was very much worth the 30 minute trip. They had a nice, diverse selection of styles which is always nice to see. I had the Gamelle grisette and the Qullqa gose, both were fantastic. Keep up the good work!

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Went there to sample a beer flight. Nice flight for 9CND. You can pick 4 different beers. Very fresh and refreshing. Kind of small place so if you have a group, get there early. They do not have a kitchen so just snacks like popcorn or meat/cheese platter. Wish they just had potato chips and nuts sold in small individual bags...simple, cheap, easy. Friendly staff, laid-back environment. Nice beer...located in Kensington Market... be careful on the way home (late at night)...the market has some pretty sketchy areas with some sketchy people late at night! That's my main tip.

Not like a typical bar where you can drink/eat...stay for longer...only around a quick 1 hour...for a catch up with friends. Just perfect for the people doing the barhopping thing...