“A Riot of Flavours ”

Ranked #1 593 of 9 231 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Sunday prix fixe menu is awkwardly designed only for two, but the addition of lamb cutlets and an arugula salad made for a bountiful feast for three.
We started with a plate each of Za'atar, Greek beef tartare, calamari and Halloumi. My favourite was the beef tartare. Delicious!
Next course was a Greek branzino fish with caper, Brown butter, dill and fresh lemon. Yum! The lamb cutlet was equally scrumptious. We ordered fries and oven baked potatoes with that.
Small doughnuts followed drizelled with a hazelnut praline that was quite insufficient.
It was a higher priced meal, but the attentive service, jazzy decor and awesome flavours more than compensated.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Unlike other reviews, we had excellent service. We also arrived earlier than other members of our party and enjoyed some tasty cocktails (at least I did).

If you want fresh fish, there are some very good choices where one can order family style for people to share. If you don't like fish, then I'd say your choices are more limited. We did have some ribs, and they were prepared nicely, but a bit overpriced considering portion size. All sides were adequate, but nothing outstanding. Flatbreads were quite good IMO.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I had dinner at this restaurant just South of Davenport on Avenue Road in my “hood.”
The atmosphere is good for either a night our with friends or a special night out with that special person.

The service is good and the servers know their food and wine.
I can recommend the calamari as a main (I had a half order which was no problem). It was grilled to perfection, not at all rubbery and you are given a choice of sauces. I chose butter, capers and dill. It was excellent. I also had the small order of Arugula salad. Again, excellent!
My daughter had the Octopus and the small Tomato and Cucumber salad which she said was excellent.

I look forward to returning when it is warmer and the large patio is open. Enjoy!!

Reviewed 8 February 2018

City: Toronto

Date attended: January 2018

Cuisine: Mediterranean

No. of guests: 3

Meal: Dinner

Ambiance and setting: Gas heaters welcomed us at the entrance and then we entered a large room and were led upstairs to our reserved table. An impressive modern chandelier dominates the main dining room.

The Food: good, but nothing special. Note that the fish is sold by weight. The 1.25 lb. Branzino was $47.50. The Cavatelli Pasta was $55.00 on the bill despite the menu stating half $19 and whole $33.

The Service: This is the weirdest experience I have ever had with a server who was over-attentive yet inefficient, rushed and inappropriate.
As soon as our drinks appeared the dinner started to head South as we were pressed to get our orders in. Then we waited a good 5 minutes before someone else brought bread and some spreads. There were no bread plates on the table and so all 3 of us placed our bread and spreads on the dinner plates in front of us, which were not obvious chargers. Well, when the server spotted this he rushed over with bread plates and then proceeded to scrape the pieces of bread and spreads off of our plates and onto these bread plates.
I had ordered an arugula salad which was initially placed in the center and I served myself from it onto my side plate. Our appetizers were served promptly. My 2 guests had finished their appetizers, but I wasn't and the mains arrived anyway. Without apology, he moved my appetizer to the side and then emptied the remaining salad onto the side plate and placed my main in front of me.
All he proceeded to say when addressed was " No need to apologize".
I could drag on but you get the drift.
After I'd paid the bill he returned my credit card with a "God bless you!".
The Experience: Poor, and so I will not be returning. The food is just not good enough to withstand such poor service.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

The good is that it is just around the corner. The music from the 80’s was vibrant.

The bad is that I left hungry

The ugly is that the fish entrees are way too expensive. Pescatarians beware. Price is by the pound which could set you back $130.

Best to stick with the appetizers and do a tapas menu.

Nice vibe great service but not a TQE. Total quality experience.

1  Thank sasbear