“Indian restaurant Best”

Leela Indian Food Bar
Ranked #1 413 of 9 388 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: Fine dining Indian restaurant with authentic Indian food from all over the region of India selected for their flavours and taste
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Fantastic is the word for the kind of food ,trust me Best Indian restaurant in Toronto n yes the amazing n attentive service,try butter chicken and the Lasoni Califlower to die for great experience will be bk .
Cheers guys keep it up ,great going’s

M L, General Manager at Leela Indian Food Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear Hd

Thank you for your lovely review we really appreciate your kind words we look forward to serving you again

Reviewed 16 June 2018

My husband and I went out on an impromptu date night for our anniversary and came across Leela while we were looking for a place to eat in the Junction. The menu looked good so we came in. While we couldn't be seated immediately, the staff (owners?) were extremely solicitous while we were waiting- offering a glass of water and a seat at the front until a table was available. The plates were beautiful, the dishes delicious (though my idea of spicy and theirs might be a wee bit different ; ) and the service so very friendly. We had a cauliflower dish and a kale and spinach paneer dish as well as rice and naan. Oh, and don't forget the yummy mango lassi! My only small complaint is that the paneer dish wasn't as warm as it could have been. I'm sure they would have warmed it if I had said anything. They offered free dessert as it was our first visit, and a coupon for a percentage off for our next visit. We will definitely be back. The portion sizes were generous- we had enough leftovers for lunch the next day. When we ordered they didn't try to sell us more than we would need, and we appreciated their honesty.

M L, General Manager at Leela Indian Food Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Greetings

We really appreciate your kind words and pleased that you had a lovely dinner on your anniversary

Your concern regarding the heat of kale and spinach curry has been shared with the chef

Reviewed 23 May 2018

Went there almost at closing time. Hormas was fantastic in accomodating by my varied requests on my take out. This was my first visit, planning to visit for the great hospitality extended. Food was very tasty.

Dear venu

Thank you for your lovely review which has been shared with the team especially Hormazd

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Great place to to have a sit down meal or takeout. There are other Indian restaurants nearby but go and try this one . Friendly staff, nice setting, nice size portions. We were able to book a reservation tonight at 5:30/6:00pm for a 7:30pm (6 people). Thank you Leela ‘s. The six of us had a great shared meal with ( lucky me) leftovers. We started out with the Truffle Ghee Kulcha and Lasooni Cauliflower and Vegetable Samosas. We loved them. The Lasooni Cauliflower was nice and spicy. Then we ordered Chicken Tikka Masala, 2 Oxtails Vindaloo(spicy ),2 orders of Kashmiri Lamb Roganjosh, Kale & Spinach Curry, Dal Makhani and 2 orders of naan bread. We’re done and happy. Thank you all at Leela’s.

1  Thank Paolo I

Dear paolo

Thank you for your encouraging words .we appreciate that u loved our food and your kind words has been shared with kitchen team

Reviewed 21 April 2018

This restaurant offers great value for your meals. Food is freshly prepared for you, made from locally sourced ingredients whenever possible. Curries are subtly spiced, the spinach & kale pakoras are the best I've ever tasted! The roasted cauliflower chaat is superb and their biryani's are fantastic. Vegetarian options available.
Comfortable seating, no trinkets or elephants - very chic decor and comfy seating. Bathroom is spotless! And it's wheelchair/baby stroller accessible. Service is courteous, knowledgeable & friendly. I'm definitely returning & recommending to friends.

1  Thank GlendaF55

Dear Glenda

Thank you for lovely review.we look forward to serving you again