“Great Meal/Apps”

Price range: US$12 - US$24
Neighbourhood: Old Toronto
Neighbourhood: Old Toronto
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I go here quite often for apps/drinks after work (when COVID isn't around). Great food, great service.

Date of visit: February 2020
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Write a reviewReviews (484)

Reviewed 2 October 2020

This is a chain restaurant but seems to still manage to deliver some good authentic food. We had seafood putanesca - great with lots of variety of seafood in the mix and did not scrimp on the seafood quantity. Staff are very nice and attentive. we had a chianti to share - my wife had Basil pollo penne - - it was very good as well. There is lots of room inside as well. Tasteful interior.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 14 September 2020

We went on a Friday night when they were open late - even during the whole covid thing - because the Raptors were playing game 7 of their playoff series. (I think that's why - because lots of places close early these days)

Let me make one thing clear: dining out during these covid times is challenging and even more challenging for those working at restaurants. I feel for them, dealing with curbside pickup etc... in addition to regular customers and all the customer fears, and sometimes lack of understanding of covid fears. In this regard, these guys did a good job of trying to abide by the ever-changing rules and at the same time providing us with the best service and meal possible. They did well.

The charity bread was great! The zucca ravioli was some of the most weirdly, wonderfully flavoured pasta I've ever had the pleasure of putting in my chops. It was sweet and delicious! The spaghetti bolognese was great too. The beet salad was really well flavoured with candied nuts and I enjoyed it as much as or more than any I've had. The pistachio gelato was superbly smoooooth! and the tiramisu was excellent!

Paired with a Chianti our meal totaled $138, taxes in. Well worth it!

We had a total of about 4 different servers who were all trying to keep up with the socially starved and beer ravenous crowd around the TV's watching the game. They were all super friendly and pretty quick, all things considered. Like most places, things are confusing and most seem short-staffed. They did a good job of managing the situation.

We ate outside on the patio and there were heaters on this coolish night and everybody was kept at good, safe distances from each other.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 9 March 2020

Table for 5 at Scaddabush. Service by Kyle was great. We ordered draft beers. For the value Kyle told us to get the 30 ouncers. They were huge but somehow we consumed it all. We ordered the charity bread. The portion was quite small. Spagehetti was pretty good. It came with a giant meat ball which was delicious. The carbonara was not very creamy despite the fact that it had an egg on it. It just seemed a bit dry.
Our table was by a door that was a bit chilly.

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 5 March 2020

Invited to attend an informal meeting with my Supervisor. About mid-afternoon not very busy. The service was very good, pleasant and helpful. The order took a while to arrive again it was not that busy and I know the meal is made fresh. The chicken parmesan was a little dry and lacking in parmesan. the spaghetti accompanied with the chicken parmesan was good I requested extra sauce which they brought. The grilled serloin and salad was small but cooked and prepared to request. We did not have drinks except for water which they brought to the table right of way upon seating. The prices were on the high side for what you were served but the food was good and I would go back and try their meatballs and bolognese.

Date of visit: December 2019