All reviews the river outdoor pool riverside grill restaurant staff tim hortons a bit tired renovated room george street stayed for one night bed was very comfortable lift lock sauna downtown inns tiles concert carpeting
Reviewed 26 September 2015

Was in town for a funeral and traveling with a one-year old. Staff were overly helpful and polite - a plus. Pool was a big benefit as it was clean and entertained our little one. Even the hotel restaurant / bar was nice...food seemed a little pricey but it was good and they were accommodating to our family size group - it was good enough to visit twice.

Room Tip: the pool view from our room kept our 1 year old entertained
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Tracie O, Manager at Holiday Inn Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2015

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Peterborough Waterfront! We are sorry to hear of the reason that brought you to town, but are happy that we could help make your stay in town a bit more enjoyable.

Reviewed 19 September 2015 via mobile

I travel to Pererborough frequently for business and as an IHG member, I try to always book at IHG properties. This hotel is in a good location for me, and it has a nice view if you get a riverside room. I'm a platinum elite member, which means I should be upgraded where possible, however, I don't mind not being upgraded. I understand that business demands can't always accommodate upgrades and I'm perfectly fine with that- all I care about is that the room is clean, with a comfy bed, and that the room is secure. As a female traveling alone, security is of the utmost importance to me. Not only am I rarely upgraded at this hotel (my associates frequently are), my last visit I was given a musty, damp room in the basement with a barely functioning sliding door that anyone with a bit of muscle could force open. First, a woman traveling alone should never be placed in a ground floor room with a sliding door, and I happen to know that this is a policy that you train your desk staff to follow because I was checking in with a trainee once and the trainer had explained this to her in my presence. This was just poor business practice. The rooms on the ground floor need to be updated badly, they smell moldy and damp, which also aggravated my asthma. The furniture and carpets are stained. I admit, I could have requested another room, but I had checked in late and was just too tired to argue. This property, of all the IHG properties that I stay at, is by far the most disappointing. Three stars for location, comfortable beds, and the staff is generally friendly and accommodating.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Tracie O, Manager at Holiday Inn Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2015

Thank for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are sorry that we weren't able to meet your expectations. We are very diligent in upgrading our IHG members and find it shocking that you are rarely upgraded. Please contact our Guest Service Manager, Brent Petticrew directly at 705-740-6560 so he can research as to why you are not getting your upgrades. We do always try accommodate our female travellers on our higher floors, however in times of very occupancy it's not always possible depending on individual arrival dates. We are looking forward to a complete renovation in the near future which will completed update and modernize the hotel.

Please contract Brent at your earliest convenience so he can investigate for your further.

Reviewed 10 September 2015 via mobile

The grill of my truck was vandalized in the parking lot overnight. The staff on completed an incident report and were very sympathetic. They told me the manager woukd contact me the next day. They also told me there are cameras in the oarking lot. The manager took 4 days to call me and told me that they are not responsible and that thers are no cameras. Im not happy...ut will cost over $1000 to get the grill replaced. C'mon Holiday Inn...make this right!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Tracie O, Manager at Holiday Inn Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2015

Thank you for your comments. I know this matter has already been dealt with through our General Manager and if you have any further issues, please don't hesitate to contact him directly at 705-740-6550. Again we apologize that this happened to your vehicle.

Reviewed 9 September 2015

We stay here for the outdoor music shows at the water front grill,twice this year in the river view king room. Like the heated washroom floor everything just makes it now as the carpets are stained and rooms worn out, paint fading. Good service, the outdoor grill, great location by the water, out side decor up to speed. Now lets get back to the much needed room updating for the price of the rooms we should expect/get better.

Room Tip: River view rooms are the quiet side.East.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James957
Tracie O, Manager at Holiday Inn Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2015

Thank you for your review and your feedback and you continued business at our hotel. We are hopeful that a renovation is happening soon that will completely modernize the hotel top to bottom and address the issues you mention in your comments. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 September 2015

Hotel is very dated, but probably best in Peterborough.
Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Felt sorry for them as groups of rowdy kids and their families checked in for weekend baseball tournament.
This place is actually decent enough for locals to hold weddings.
I would recommend this place for short stay, but Peterborough really needs an other option.

Room Tip: Get a room facing water
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank sweetandsour1

Thank you for taking time to write a review about our property! Our staff are very friendly and try our best on our sports weekends to make the stay of both our sports guests and regular guests enjoyable, however as you can imagine, it's sometime is difficult to please both groups. We are hopeful that a renovation is coming for us in the near future which will completed update and modernize the hotel. We hope you will come back and see us again!