“Good steak”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Canadian, Bar
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Your average chain restaurant, lacking in atmosphere. Steak is good so are sides. Friendly service. Patio at the front.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

This is twice in a row that we've had a poor showing at a Keg location. This one had ok service, but we still had to take steak knives off of the table beside us because none were provided. Our table outside was so wobbly that we couldn't place our elbows/arms on it. I looked underneath and the top was help onto the frame with duct tape. For a $150 meal, I suppose we expect better.

TheKegSteakhouse, Guest Relations Manager at The Keg Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to contact The Keg to comment on your most recent dining experience with us. We encourage you to contact us at kegcommunity@kegrestaurants.com with the details of your visit, including the location, so we can follow up with you directly.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Most people have eaten at The Keg. I live walking distance to about 35-40 restaurants, so I had not gone to the Keg for years. Last year, we decided to give it a try. Since then we eat there at least once a month. Why? Because the service is fantastic - the wait staff are well trained and the service is of high quality and consistent. The steaks are also cooked as you have asked. I have returned filets for being overcooked at all the higher end restaurants in Ottawa. I have never had to return a steak at the Keg. Consistency and standards are why we keep going back to the Keg on York Street. I did not give it a 5 stars because they have missed the boat with the hostesses. They have way to many of them, and they crowd at the front of what is a very busy entrance, chatting to each other. The first impression is unprofessional. I give it a pass because they know how to cook a steak.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

I enjoy going to the keg from time to time. The waiter here was excellent - able to walk us through the available cuts. The wine selection is varied and there are glasses and bottles available. One Pinot Noir by the glass and it was great. Good warm bread. Recommend!

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Always good quality steak cooked to order and consistent. I’ve been at this and many other locations in the past and they are always very good. Good quality meat, appetizers and cooked as ordered every time, no bad surprises and you never walk away hungry. I had the 10oz Bacon wrapped Filet with blue cheese crusted topping, others had the Rainbow trout and Chicken. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal but no room remaining for dessert!