“Great Service and Good Food”
Review of The Epicurean

The Epicurean
Reserve with OpenTable
The Epicurean is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$5 - US$29
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We grabbed dinner here and we all enjoyed our meals. The salmon was especially tasty, and the service was friendly. Overall a nice evening dinner experience.

1  Thank _An0nym0usTraveler8

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Arrived early for lunch...4 of us. Second table to be seated in the entire restaurant, both inside and outside dining. We ate outside and it was a really lovely atmosphere. Server was very pleasant. We ordered smoked salmon for the appetizer (it was good) and we ordered our lunch at the same time. We ordered two of the specials for the day (grilled cheese & ham sandwiches), a Caesar salad, and fish and chips. Not a complicated order. Salmon came and we ate it. Then we waited...and waited..and waited...and waited!! MANY people were seated around us who were served quickly. Many around us ate and left. More were seated. The server kept telling us our food was coming soon! Food finally came. Grilled cheese tasted worse than the grilled cheese I eat at our local TripleA Baseball Park! I asked the server what the heck happened with our order and she said they got slammed and she has no control over how the kitchen sends out the orders. I reminded her we were the second table seated. I asked to talk to the manager. He apologized and then went on about how they try to prepare their food so it is as fresh as possible. I told him what we ordered....and I guess they decided other guests’ orders should be more fresh than ours!!! He had nothing but excuses. Totally unacceptable. I do not recommend this restaurant. Very disappointing. Very poor value.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We had a really good dinner here.
We did not make a reservation but were just walking by the atmosphere is nice and the portions were very good.
Our waiter was very nice it was a great meal.

1  Thank KNGD
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We had lunch here outside the back patio of the restaurant. It was a lovely comfortable setting. I had the flatbread which was exceptionally good. Another of our party who was a visitor to Canada enjoyed the fish and chips. Our third member liked his burger but said it was not the best. The most outstanding aspect was the servers who were fun and chatty making the experience a great one.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Stumbled upon this restaurant whilst looking for somewhere to have a decent evening meal with friends. I say stumbled but I mean enticed by the enthusiastic 'George' who was front of house. The menu was a little limited for me but they made up for this with good food that was in my view reasonably priced. Friendly and efficient staff supplemented the entertaining "Big, bold, beautiful flavours" promised by George.

1  Thank 556Alias