Reviews (1 016)
1 016 results
All reviews brownie zee's grill bathroom mirror pet fish rain shower dvd library my husband and i festival theatre personalized stationary rooms are small main building guest lounge hotel restaurant attached restaurant directly across the street king bed lounge area
251 - 256 of 1 016 reviews
Reviewed 28 December 2015

Wonderfully located in beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake. They have a couple of rooms where you can bring your dogs and they are welcomed, not just tolerated. (Dog beds, treats for both of our poodles, even customized letterhead!) The staff is warm and friendly, the public rooms (lounge with fireplace, comfy chairs) are welcoming while not overwhelmingly large, and parking is convenient. WiFi is fast and free. The pet-friendly rooms are not very large, but the public areas offer plenty of space to stretch out. Great beds. Excellent breakfast at their restaurant, Zees. We are return visitors, and make this our place to stay when we are lucky enough to be in Niagara on the Lake, which has earned its nickname of Prettiest Town in Canada. Try visiting and quaffing the local wines while you are here.

Room Tip: Ask for the pet-frienly rooms if you are bringing a furry friend.
1  Thank EagleEyeBoston
Jennifer D, Front Office Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2015

Dear "EagleEyeBoston", thank you so much for your review! We absolutely love it when our guests bring their four legged family members!! I am thrilled to hear that your poodles enjoyed themselves and we are looking forward to your next visit!!

Reviewed 22 December 2015

Great hotel in a great location - just a few blocks from the center of Niagara-On-The-Lake. Stayed for one night in December, booked an annex king. The room was wonderful - clean, with a comfortable bed. Great room with an in-room fireplace and jacuzzi. Bathroom was nice with large shower. The annex is the building which faces Queen's Pkwy, but entrance is convenient from the parking lot behind the hotel.

The room was a great deal, much less expensive than some hotels in the area but still very impressive.

Only minor complaint was that my phone did not want to connect to the wifi. But my girlfriend had no problems connecting hers. I found that by disabling global mode on my phone, I could connect to US towers with good strength, which was fine for me.

Staff was wonderful - check-in was great.

Look forward to staying again.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Jennifer D, Front Office Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2015

Dear "astroguy22", thank you so much for your review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room in the Annex. The Annex rooms really are a great value for the all the amenities that are included (gas fireplace & in room jacuzzi tub).

We look forward to having you join us again in the near future!

Reviewed 7 December 2015

We had a great time scheduling and checking in with Cassandra. Great service. Great location. But the next morning service was not as great as the girl upfront was on the phone so we could not get our breakfast vouchers or directions to the spa. The room was clean but the shower had a broken part and the shower door barely opened or closed (it was hung to low for proper clearance) also note the SPA is not connected to the property so you have to walk around outside which is not ideal. Breakfast was good. Noticed some odd issue like a crumbling ceiling in places.

1  Thank nicole v
Jennifer D, Front Office Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2015

Dear "VolpeTravels", thank you very much for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that our guest service agent was on the phone assisting another guest when you came by. I will pass along your kind words to Cassandra, I am sure she will be thrilled to have been mentioned!

I wanted to follow up and let you know that the shower door has been adjusted.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Shaw Club Hotel & Spa!

Reviewed 26 November 2015 via mobile

My husband and I have been to Niagara on the Lake several times and this hotel did not disappoint. The rooms were contemporary but a little bit small. We did ask for our own fish and it arrived promptly...very cute little touch. My only complaint would be that the spa is not very nice...it's a little tired and old. Had a wonderful pedicure nonetheless. The location was great! I would go back for sure.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Canadianjojo
Jennifer D, Front Office Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2015

Dear "Canadianjojo", thank you very much for your review.

I am glad to hear that our pet beta fish behaved himself while staying with you. Sometimes he can get a bit rambunctious especially after dinner!

I look forward to saying hello during your next visit.

Reviewed 24 November 2015

We went for a girls weekend to Niagra on the Lake and loved it. The entire experience, from the room to the spa is one we will repeat. We spent 2 days at the Spa, trying multiple treatments. Very relaxing stay. We toured other spas while there and were very glad we chose the Shaw.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends

Dear "Kbucks", thank you very much for taking the time to write a review!

It is wonderful to hear that your girls weekend was a success! We are very lucky to work with wonderfully talented aestheticians and registered massage therapists.

We look forward to having you join us again in hopefully the near future.