124 on Queen Hotel and Spa(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$292
US$274
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$326/night.

Abacot Hall Bed & Breakfast(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
US$179
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$153
US$189
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$190
US$177
The Charles Hotel(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
US$193
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$222/night.

Prince of Wales(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$228
  • Pool
US$206
Highbrook Bed and Breakfast(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
US$193
Reviews (5 591)
5 591 results
3 474
1 472
3 474
1 472
All reviewsliv restaurantoutlet mallplay restaurantgirls weekendbottle of wineget awayniagara fallsgreat weekendwedding anniversarysquashconciergeandrepackagetennisqewaccommodationsserver
50 - 55 of 5 591 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband had long wanted to stay here on our occasional trips to wine country in Ontario, so this time we booked a three-night stay. Unlike some of the other properties we have stayed at, this is a large resort and conference center located within sight of the QEW and across from an outdoor outlet mall. Fyi, in spite of it not being surrounded by grapevines, we did find that it was a quick 15 minute drive to most of the wineries we like to visit. Fair warning -- this is going to be a long and detailed review, so if you are looking for a quick synopsis, here you go … almost every single staff member is amazing, the resort has beautiful gardens/grounds plus a big fitness center, a spa, and a couple of restaurants, but both rooms we were given smelled funny and had various repair issues along with two out of three nights were other guests were making an inordinate amount of noise outside in the courtyard.

Our first 30 seconds at this property were a great indicator of what we were to discover about all (but one) of the many staff members we encountered on our stay -- unparalleled service! We pulled up to the entrance and were met by a happy and engaged bellman/doorman who guided us to the front desk, suggested we keep our luggage in our car until we got our room, etc. He then ended up helping us with our bags, directed me to where to park, took us to our room, and in general made sure we felt well taken care of. From that moment throughout our stay we interacted with front desk staff, restaurant staff, fitness staff, cafe staff, concierge, etc. and were stunned by how much they were not only willing to be of service but thought of ways to be helpful before we even asked. For example, once when we pulled our vehicle up to the front just to run in for a minute, the bellman asked if we needed some chilled bottles of water and wished us a great last night before we went home to New Jersey. The employees here were more pleasant and committed to guests’ experience than other hotel properties we’ve stayed at at twice the price -- we felt good just seeing them.

I wish our room was even even close to as good as the staff, but, alas, it was not. Actually I should have said “rooms.” The first room we were assigned to looked clean but smelled like feet. Also, the safe didn’t work (needed a new battery). The in-room fridge clearly used to be one of those that automatically charges you when you take something out of the mini bar but the fridge had been “gutted” to become just an empty fridge. It wasn’t super clean inside the fridge and because it had been originally built for small bottles the space inside wasn’t great, but it was usable. The resort was all booked for that night so we were given an odor-reducing machine, a coupon for two drinks and a promise to be moved the next day if needed. Someone came to replace the safe battery while we were out. The next morning we packed up and left all of our stuff for the staff to move to our new room, which they did. The front desk gave us breakfast coupons and the new keys.

The second room smelled better but still not fresh. The really vexing thing is that all of the public spaces in the hotel smell fabulous. I don’t know what scent they pump into the public spaces but it’s not overwhelming and very pleasant. Literally the public ladies’ room in this resort smelled better than either of our guestrooms! In this second room the deadbolt lock didn’t work. We were only staying for two more nights and frankly just didn’t want to spend any more time of our little getaway dealing with room issues. But soon we found that the fridge in the room didn’t really work well. My hubby called downstairs and was told that the fridge wasn’t like a regular fridge and didn’t get as cold, but later on he called again to tell them it wasn’t chilling beverages the way the exact same fridge did in the other room, so someone came and fixed it while we were out. My husband and I stay up late and are not that sensitive to noise, but that second night there were some other guests down in the courtyard with some guy singing and playing a guitar and it was fairly loud and annoying. We called down to the front desk and they said something about a planned event that was to go until midnight!!! What?!? The hotel thought it’d be fine to have some group outside singing with a guitar where sound would travel up to other guest rooms until midnight? The next morning we got an apology note from the hotel and a voucher for $40 to be used anywhere on the property. Our last night there was also some louder guest noises but no guitar or singing and it didn’t last that long.

In terms of other aspects of the room, I would say that the decor and furnishings could use some replacing. The bed was OK, but the pillows were too soft/worn. The bathroom had an interesting shower/tub combination where the walls of the tub were really high. It would make for a deep soaker tub but for those of us on the shorter side it was a bit challenging to get in and out of the shower. There was a handy hidden rod for hanging wet clothing. The other distinguishing factor of the bathroom involved a decision I find truly inexplicable -- on the inside of the bathroom door of both of our rooms was mounted a full-length mirror. Not to be indelicate, but when one is sitting on the toilet you are directly facing this mirror. Of all of the times when one doesn’t need a full length mirror, this situation would be at the top of my list!

The rest of the property was very nice. I particularly enjoyed sitting out in the garden with a nice cup of cold brew coffee I got from the in-house Starbucks. My hubby spent a lot of time in the fitness center, and we both were happy with our massages from the spa.

At the end of our stay we not only filled out the comment card to give to the front desk, but we also told them about a number of the issues we experienced. Instead of closing out our account, they said they’d have a manager reach out to us to see if she would want to adjust the account. On our way to the airport the manager called and asked about our experience in more detail, apologized again, and said she would send us a certificate for a free night to give them another chance to meet their own standards. She even said that she had consulted a number of staff members and they all said we were the kind of guests they’d like to see come back. We appreciated this offer and were impressed she talked to her staff and they knew us. It is because of her and the staff that I gave this place four stars and would consider a return.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Heather S, Manager at White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Anne C,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to write in.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to "Make it Right"!

We truly appreciate your comments and hope that you will be back with us again in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A great getaway for couples to reunite and spend time together. The resort was clean and all staff very polite and Friendly. The resort has a lot of offerings and would love to go back to explore more. The wine trip was a great little escape and enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear "tashaabate",

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to review White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa online! It's terrific to hear we made your weekend special!

Please let us know how we can move your rating from four to five stars!!

Our Mission Statement is: "Each Guest and Team Member will be treated as though the success of our business depends on that individual alone!"

We truly appreciate your feedback and hope that you will be back to stay with us again in the near future!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This family friendly high end surface resort was more than we expected. I am 70 years old and my granddaughter is 14. The food suited both our tastes. It was superbly prepared and served. We golfed at the Royal Niagara which was just 2 minutes away. The tennis in the resort was well serviced and punctual. The pool was suitable for swimming and exercise. The outlet mall was within walking distance. We had a bit of a complication at check in but the customer service was on top of the situation and we received a complimentary snack to the room appropriate to our ages. Excellent, excellent all the way. This is a hidden gem. I will be back with all my loved one.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear "nanag0r",

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to write in. It is so wonderful to hear so many fabulous comments!

We are thrilled to that this will become a tradition with your family - we are happy to be your destination of choice!!

We truly appreciate your comments and 5 Star Rating and we look forward to your next visit with us!

PS - Congratulations to your Granddaughter on her Graduation!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Clean hotel, great food. The front desk wouldn't let me change the room I was in because the convener of my event had made a mass booking- this was annoying because I was paying for the room myself. I think whoever puts their credit card on the line should get to decide which room they are in (I wanted a single big bed, instead of 2 small double beds). Also, I was a little miffed when the bellman wouldn't let me use the baggage carts, only they are allowed to move them. I wasn't worth the obligation tip so I hauled my luggage by hand (I only go to lavish hotels when it is for work, I am a value hotel girl through and through when I do my own travelling).

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
WhiteOaksResort, Manager at White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Dear KGReview2018,

Thank you for your comments and letting us know that you found the accommodations clean. We are sorry to hear about the situation regarding the request to change your room. There are times we are told not to do this per the Group Organizers' requests or because we simply did not have the requested room type available. If neither of those scenarios were a part of the situation then we should have been able to change your room and apologize for any misunderstanding.
The reason we insist on the bellman be with the cart is for a couple of reasons. One is to uphold that high level of service White Oaks strives for to assist our guests and two is in the past the carts have been misused or misplaced by guests and we want to ensure we are always aware of where they are. At White Oaks tips to our team members are not an obligation or expected but left to the discretion of the Guest based on their experience.......they should never feel obligated to leave anything as we are only doing our job as service providers. We appreciate your feedback. Have a wonderful summer!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Excellent! The hotel was extremely flexible to our needs ad provided wonderful friendly service. The Liv restaurant was wonderful as well. I shout out to our great waitress who gave us a special treat for my daughter's wedding day. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you "Reviewer" for your FIVE star rating and taking the time review us online!

It's terrific to hear we played a part in making pre-wedding night great!

We hope you are back to stay with us again in the near future!