Reviews (1 708)
1 708 results
All reviewshampton innbuddhist templewhite water walkfree parkingroom was cleanfree breakfastquiet areawego bus stopyogurtfront desk staffminute driveclifton hillwould stay here againsmoking roomtourist areahot tubcanadian side
762 - 767 of 1 708 reviews
Reviewed 13 September 2015

On September 6th I booked this hotel to spend a couple of days as i was celebrating my 50th birthday. I booked the room from the 9th to the 12th and used my debit card. I booked a king whirlpool, NON-SMOKING room, when the confirmation came back, they reserved a king smoking room and the email states thats all they have available. Not only did my reservation changed, they charged me for a NO SHOW and states that i did not show up on the 8th as this is what i booked. I reached out to them about this and tried to explain to the customer service rep. Amber about my situation. She insisted that i booked on the 8th and even after telling her that i have two email confirmations that my reservation was on the 9th -12th she insisted on telling me that my booking is for the 8th. After the back and forth with her I asked her for her supervisor, after 10 min the sup/manger came on the phone LISa or Kim not sure of her name advised me there is nothing she can do about it. Rude, i might add and said i will refund you your money. Well today i got my refund $6.00 less than what was charged. Poor customer service and very impolite manager. Did not try to resolve the issue. I was on my way to Niagra Falls at the time, and had to find other place to stay without notice which cost me twice as much. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE TO STAY AT THE HAMPTON INN NORTH OF THE FALLS IN NIAGRA, ONTARIO.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank June M
Reviewed 12 September 2015

We booked two rooms for my family so my mom (her first time in Canada from Japan) can see the Niagara Falls attractions. The beds were comfy and the staff was helpful. Free breakfast in the morning. When we were about to checkout of the rooms, it was raining hard outside so there was a leak from the window in our room. Good thing it wasn't leaking at night.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2015

This hotel is a bit of a hidden gem. Located a few short miles and nestled among mom and pop "motels," the Hampton Inn is a welcome reprieve. Not as fancy as the fallsview properties, but it has a pleasing and clean interior, and the price just can't be beat. And like all Hampton Inns, breakfast is included! I also loved that there was a hot tub in addition to the indoor heated pool. The outdoor patio there was a nice touch.

As a Hilton employee myself, I love to give kudos to employees when I travel to other properties. I just wanted to extend a thanks to Kim, who gave me some good directions for parking and conversation, and the female night auditor, who helped me out and gave me some supplies when I had a bit of a personal issue in the middle of the night. There was also a very pleasant brunette breakfast attendant, whose name I unfortunately did not get.

It is about equidistant from the falls and the whirlpool.

The only suggestion I would like to make- and this would have to be a long-term goal- is to put in a gift shop. The snack selection in vending machines is generally pretty limited, and it was out-of-order during my visit (though Kim was very nice in giving me a granola bar.)

Room Tip: I had a smoking room because that's all that was available, but did not detect any smoke smell.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2015

Extremely clean property and an excellent staff. Very friendly and helpful. The hair dryer in our room quit working and it was replaced immediately. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel if you are unsure as to where to book. It's 10 minutes to the Falls and you aren't in all the Falls traffic and congestion.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 9 September 2015

The staff including the cleaning personnel were extremely pleasant and polite. The bedroom quality was excellent, bed was very comfortable, bed linens and bathroom towels extremely clean. Only pet peeve was that the ATM and the vending machines were out of order during all of our stay (5 weekdays) and no fridge in the bedroom.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple