Reviews (1 737)
1 737 results
All reviews hampton inn free parking free breakfast waterpark package the breakfast area make your own waffles water park casino niagara hot breakfast family suite hot tub small pool within walking distance yogurt indoor waterpark beds were comfortable other attractions
7 - 12 of 1 737 reviews
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Are there better hotels, I'm sure. But at this price point and location it cant be beat. Free parking and breakfast, and easy to walk to everything. We parked the car and did not need to use it at all. Highly recommended staying here

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights, unfortunately. To start off... We had asked for a lower level room when booking online since we are both smokers and wanted easy access to the outside. Upon our arrival we were handed room keys to a room on the very top floor, last room at the end of the hallway. There was literally no rooms further to outside than ours.. then we opened the door. The room was extremely outdated, we had 2 double beds in a regular size room so there was literally not enough room for 2 people to walk around at the same time. It was very small, very tight, and extremely warm. We blasted the air conditioner as high as it goes and it was only blowing warm air... Then the bathroom from the 60's with the filthy blue floor tiles actually had dried up blood stains behind the door, probably from the last junkie that shot up in there, EVERYTHING was covered in dust in the room, and I mean everything. The curtains looked like they were slashed with a knife, there was a hole in the wall, and I wish I was kidding when I say there was MOLD ON THE WALL... See pictures. The carpet was disgusting, the spare blanket in the closet was burnt with an iron and had sneaker prints all over it from someone walking on it with their shoes. The tv got about 8 very low quality, analog channels, the jaccuzi was taped off during our entire stay, no fridge in the room, no ice machine on our floor...etc... I could go on and on but you get the idea. Stay as far away from this place as possible. I have it a rating of 1 since we did have a decent view from our window and it was close to everything. Most disgusting hotel I've ever stayed in.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

I was kinder than my friend Brendan M in my rating, sentiment is the same. I don't know who all these reviewers who find this place decent enough to return are, but there certainly will be no return visit for my friends and I! We took a quick impromptu trip up to Toronto and stopped at Niagra falls on our way there.

Since it was last minute the Clif Vic was the only place in my budget available. My friends gave up nicer accomodations at the Embassy Suites to allow me to tag along so we all booked into this place. I didn't mind that the exterior and indoor atrium had a retro vibe that dated back to about the late 60s or early 70s, but when I saw that the interior of the room and comforter appeared to be from that era as well, I immediately regretted spending $166 USD after the exchange rate was calculated. I would have been better off taking my chance that the Embassy Suites could put a rollaway or sofa bed in my friends' accommodations. We were tired after an 8 hour drive and had to be up early or we would have found other accommodations.

The carpeting was so dingy that I dared not walk barefoot on it and made sure to use my sandals. The towels were off-white and stained. We all waited until we got to the accommodations in Toronto to shower.

My friend told me in the morning that she slept in her clothes because she was so turned off by the room quality. The room was not properly dusted and the "petinaed" brass sconces looked like they hadn't been wiped down in years. I also used the flashlight on my cell phone to make sure the pills on the comforters were not some type of bug. With the dim lighting in the rooms I had to whip out the flashlight to be sure.

They offered a free breakfast with the room rate. The eggs on the buffet were probably powdered or at best poured from a carton. The only thing fairly bearable was the coffee.

So will I ever stay at the Clifton Vic again or find it a good value? Unless it is Armageddon and the Clifton Vic was the only refuge after mass destruction, heck no! Please see my friend Brendan M's post for their pictures.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2018

We got here very late on a Friday night (Sept 21st), check-in was OK and it was clear the place is very dated, the pool looked odd and as other have said the jacuzzi had some 'Keep Away' tape around it..

The fun started when we got to the room. As soon as opened the door it smelt off, nothing major but not a clean smell.

We got into the room, everyone ready to hit the sack as we were up early the next day. Looking around the room it was clearly dirty. Stains on the carpet, rusty fixtures the bathroom, dust in places it should have been easy to clean.

My wife found stains on the bed and she basically slept fully clothed so as not to touch the sheets. We all wore socks because of the carpet.

I have added a few photos so you can see what I mean.

The breakfast next morning was also pretty awful. All microwaved and tasteless but that is minor in comparison to the awfulness of the room.

Bottom line - Free would be too much to pay for this hotel. I have no idea how it has the rating it has.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2018

I don't know who all these reviewers who find this place decent enough to return are, but there certainly will be no return visit for my friends and I! We took a quick impromptu trip up to Toronto and stopped at the falls on our way there.

Since it was last minute the Clif Vic was the only place in my budget. My friends gave up nicer accomodations at the Embassy Suites to allow me to tag along so we all booked into this place. I didn't mind that the exterior and indoor atrium had a retro vibe that dated back to about the late 60s or early 70s, but when I saw that the interior of the room and comforter appeared to be from that era as well, I immediately regretted spending $166 USD after the exchange rate was calculated. I would have been better off taking my chance that the Embassy Suites could put a rollaway or sofa bed in my friends' accommodations.

The carpeting was so dingy that I dared not walk barefoot on it and made sure to use my sandals. The towels were off-white and stained. I went into the armoire for an extra blanket and one of them was full of holes and begged to be retired.

My friend told me in the morning that she slept in her clothes because she was so turned off by the room quality. The room was not properly dusted and the "petinaed" brass sconces looked like they hadn't been wiped down in years. I also used the flashlight on my cell phone to make sure the pills on the comforters were not some type of bug. With the dim lighting in the rooms I had to whipped the flashlight to be sure.

So will I ever stay at the Clifton Vic again or find it a good value? Unless it is Armageddon and the Clifton Vic was the only refuge after mass destruction, heck no! I will have my friends post their pictures and reference this review for reference.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends