Reviews (8 166)
4 045
2 672
4 045
2 672
All reviews great view valet parking the concierge lounge junior suite breakfast buffet higher floor tour desk incline railway per day canadian side valet service floor room table rock an upgrade whirlpool tub king bed package deal
2 245 - 2 250 of 8 166 reviews
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

We had an overnight stay here while visiting Niagara Falls. The place was amazing and the staff was excellent! We could not of asked for more! We stay at a lot of different Hotels and this one set our expectations very high for the next trip! The view of the falls and fireworks was out of this world! Our room was clean and luxurious! It is convenient to the incline to take you to the falls.

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

We just returned from a weekend stay. We stayed one night and used self park which gave us parking for two days. Valet parking was very busy and the self park lot is close by...even though valet and self park are the same price. Check in was really fast and easy and the front desk was very nice.
Room: we stayed on the 19th floor in a superior fallsview king. Walked into the room and first thing I saw was an amazing view of a rainbow over the horseshoe falls. OMG! Stunning, breathtaking, and reassured me I made the right hotel and room choice. Shower stall was very tiny but the whirlpool was large. Hair dryer is available. No safe in the room and there was a "not so cold" fridge. Coffeemaker and teas are also available. We were greeted with cranberry toast, jelly and water as an anniversary gift (not champagne but nice that the thought was there) the bed is comfortable and there was even a fireplace in our room.
Attractions: the hotel concierge/tour desk is sneaky about pushing packages and do not tell you the same exact packages are way less money when you buy by the falls. They also gave my husband false information about parking. The Falls Incline operates just below the hotel making it convenient to get to the observation deck. Tickets can be purchased in the welcome center for most attractions. The casino is a short walk away as is everything else.
Dining: we ate at Terrapin in the hotel and we were pleased with our dinner. Wonderful waitress, susanne, she was very attetentive and welcoming. We had a nice table with a limited view of the falls (nothing compares to the room view) and our food was very good. We were surprised with dessert celebrating our anniversary which was so nice. Buffet at breakfast was ok and I think was valued at what is charged for it. There was a good variety of foods but not the same caliber of food as dinner at Terrapin.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shara R
Reviewed 8 August 2016

Check-in and valet was quick and easy. when we opened the curtains and saw the view, we literally gasped - unbelievable! The room was spacious and the jacuzzi for 2 was awesome. We enjoyed 2 fireworks shows (only 5 minutes each, but still) and loved watching the falls being lit at night. The room was updated and very clean.

The negatives: very pricy and the nickel and diming was annoying. Why does any hotel charge for wifi? And it was terrible! Room service prices were outrageous and parking very expensive. with that said, I'd go back because the location was amazing.

Room tip: higher floors are better
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

everything was great till...

the rooms are dated but you pay for the unbelievable views.

we had dinner at the terrapin grill the first night we were here - the service was first rate.

the Sunday we were leaving we decided to have breakfast at the terrapin grill again. the server had serious issues and had a temper tantrum when we ordered full fat milk for the baby and he served us low fat milk. i understand that mistakes happen, but PLEASE DONT GIVE ME ATTITUDE.
I immediately asked to speak to the manager Ian, who was very gracious and took care of us personally. he changed our server immediately amd took care of us till the end. Thank you Ian for the great save!

1  Thank 310amishm
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

Start with the positive. Falls view room in the 10th floor was nice, solid view and cool to see both falls morning, noon and night.

The breakfast buffet was rather solid. Chef working 6 omelet pans was rather impressive and moved the line. Selection otherwise was as desired and expected. Had same server twice (maybe Steve) and was impressed with his cheerful presence.

View from the restaurant pretty neat.

But...

The concierge desk is a scam. Ask for advice, they just push their tour package. Let me guess, you work off commission. I come to the concierge for unbiased advice. You keep pushing a packaged tour, never once mentioning the Adventure Pass available at welcome centers for 25% of the price. Never once giving good advice on restaurants. Clearly not knowing the area.

Separate the tour desk and the concierge function. Annoying, unhelpful, misleading, and biased. This isn't a time share desk, I want a Concierge!

I mentioned my frustration to the front desk manager, he agreed and said the owners don't listen to the staff, so please share your views as an elite member. I'm sharing!

The valet service was rather poor. Called for my car and was told its on the way. I checked out and came 15 minutes later. No car, asked the supervisor, the bellman asked, and finally, another 30 minutes later got my car - unacceptable. And as another poster mentioned, all three times I retrieved my car the seat had been moved back. Not cool.

Lastly, dirty dishes in the hallway when we checked in. I called at your service and told them. Said they would get right on it. An hour later, still there. I called again and this time it was picked up the next time we left the room. Disgusting to have dirty dishes in the hall for who knows how long. Not a great first impression.

Staff has complained about the new Italian owners. If it is bad enough for them to complain to guests, you know this is not well run and to Marriott standards. If you think the view alone will keep people coming, think again. There are options!

5  Thank likey2travel
MFVmanagement, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2016

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed the view from your room and omelet cook was a highlight for your. However, I apologize that overall this stay did not meet your expectations. Please rest assured that your feedback has been shared with our team in an effort to ensure this experience remains isolated. We hope to host you on your next trip to Niagara Falls.
Jeremy Brown