“Worst restaurant experience ever.”

Symposium Cafe Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #1 134 of 1 774 Restaurants in Mississauga
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Dine at this Symposium Café Mississauga, Ontario restaurant located directly in the heart of the Winston Churchill and Dundas shopping + dining area. This Symposium Café Restaurant location is conveniently located on the NorthWest corner of Winston Churchill and Dundas in a small Mississauga shopping plaza (Starsky’s, bowling alley and 40 other retailers) and is open 7 days a week, early mornings and late nights for your restaurant dining pleasure. We are located in the heart of this area’s main shopping area and only a one minute drive to the QEW, the Highway 403 and also the Highway 407. This Mississauga - Ontario Symposium Café seats 145 indoors and over 70 seats in a scenic stunning patio, a private 60 seat bar lounge and one 40 seat private room. We specialize in large group settings and can accommodate last minute dining functions fairly easily. Hope to see you soon at this Mississauga - Ontario Symposium Café location! • Beautiful Restaurant Décor• Scenic Patio Dining• Fully Licensed Bar Lounge• 2 Private Dining Rooms• Located in the heart of the main shopping area• Open Early Mornings• Open Late Nights - Dining Available to Closing Restaurant HoursSunday – Thursday 8am to 12amFriday & Saturday 8am to 1am
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Had a family Easter get-together here yesterday. First time ever being in this place and will be the last. Although it was busy, we had a trainee who never dealt with a large group before serve us and clearly looked overwhelmed. Strike 1. Never offered to take any dishes away to free up room on the table. Her trainer had to do that for her when we asked for it to be cleared. Strike 2. Worst of all, she managed to dump 3 glasses of water all over my nephews. The 3 ladies at the next table were in shock seeing that too. Strike 3. The food was not the greatest either. Don't know what the manager said to our family representative but I don't believe a discount was given at all. One of my family members is actually in the service industry and commented on all the negative things that were being done in this restaurant. I was skeptical about this place upon reading the reviews and now I am one of the reviewers warning people about this place.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A very pleasant and also a very friendly place with knowledgeable waiters and staff. The menu is quite extensive for a franchise. The food is good whether it is the breakfast or lunch menu. We went here on a whim on Easter Sunday. A good place at an affordable price.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

3 women went for brunch on Sunday at 9:45 a.m. Not busy, many available tables. Owner served our table initially. Had to ask for our placed order of tea and coffee. Order wrong. When, before ordering our food items, we asked for the missing coffee, the female server yelled at me telling me people called in sick and we had to wait! When we informed her we had appointments to get to (a trade show) and did not have all day, again she snipped!! Wrong job for this person for sure. The young fellow who just came in for his shift saves the day. I for one, will take my business elsewhere. I work in the area and this place is convenient but I will never go back

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

My husband is not a fan of this place but we had my niece and hwr husband visiting from out of town and I thought this would be a nice change drom Tims.
My husband and I got there at 11am. Finally after 20 min I stopped who I'm guessing is the manager and begged for coffee to start until our guests arrived. He apologized for being short staffed as 2 ppl called in sick. We heard this excuse each time he came to our table.
Horrible service aside, my BLT was meh (got on whole wheat when I asked for rye). My niece said her eggs benedict was bland. The sauce was like eating butter. My husband's omelette came with a hair. I only found out later as he just quietly removed it and didn't make a fuss. My nephew like his steak and eggs though. Said it was cooked perfectly.
The bathroom looked like it could use a good scrub.
My niece lives the decor though. She rated this place a 3 but that was more for the decor and the great company.
Oh and the chairs - horrible. The seat is nicely cushioned in the middle but leaves the wood frame to cut into your legs. I think I lost circulation with the long wait and all.
We waited so long to get our bill. We ended up figuring out what it cost and we just ended up pooling our cash and leaving it at the table.
A guy behind us was complaining about the same lack of service. We were not alone.
Sorry I prefer to leave more positive comments but I'm unable to in this case.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

Went there as a group of 4 Friday 6 PM, the place was 1/2 empty. The guys had Fettuccini Alfredo with mushrooms, the ladies had the Tilapia. The Alfredo with exception of a few loose strings of pasta on top was largely a clump underneath, I think I saw 3 - 4 slices of a mushroom in this thing The sauce was out a can for sure. ..... We asked for Parmesan Cheese and when no one showed and end of meal when the guy came with the bill we asked and were told that they had none .... LOL Can't comment on the Tilapia but my wife said it was very very mediocre. The polite and well meaning kid had NO clue how to serve or attend a dining table, totally inattentive to say the least ! During a conversation a drink was spilled, no one noticed or bothered, despite walking by..... so we sat with the mess on the table pretty well the whole evening. Thanks but NO Thanks .... LOL