“Bar Popular With The Locals”

Montana's Bbq & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Montana's Bbq & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #129 of 457 Restaurants in Kingston
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I were here for a late lunch after touring Kingston and prior to checking into the hotel across the street. It was a typical Montana's menu and the food was good as to be expected. Customer service was satisfactory as wait staff came to our table three times to see things were. I noticed the bar was busy and patrons socializing in an enjoyable way. Wait staff informed us that the bar is popular with the locals and they send so much money here that this located is the second highest in liquor sales across the country. Waitress confirmed with me that tips are really good on Thursdays when the locals get their pay cheques. Good experience here this afternoon.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

This is the first time I visited this Montanas. The reason I gave it 4 stars was I was not happy with the menu. There were very few choices for me because I cannot handle spicy foods. However, the restaurant did allow for substitutions and I really appreciated that. I ordered fish and was allowed to substitute sweet potato fries instead of regular fries. I particularly enjoyed a honey dill sauce instead of the spicy sauce that usually comes with the sweet potato fries. The willingness of Montanas to make substitutions and the excellent service are reason enough to make a return visit.

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

This lunch consisted of 4 ribs and some battered 'kapow' flavoured shrimp. The sides were beans and fries.

It was a lot of delicious food.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Dropped in for a quick bite and a pint. We had the pulled pork nachos and a starter plate. Both were very good. The nachos were loaded with pulled pork and came with lots of topping. I'll def stop in again.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

We had a nice lunch on a sunny day and sat outside on their decking area. There were plenty of nice steaks, salads and burgers on the menu and the staff were very friendly. Everything we had was well cooked and presented.