“So much fun! ”

Barcadia
Ranked #3 of 13 Nightlife in Kingston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Over 50 vintage arcades for only 25 cents each and 20 beers on tap. Booths with vintage gaming console connected to 50" TV's provide the perfect place to enjoy a pitcher
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went for some late night fun and we had a blast! .25c a game! So many craft beers and fun cocktails. Tons of games to choose from. Not too busy, but busy enough. Never had to wait for a game. Would definitely come back!

Date of experience: January 2018
in 4 reviews
"fun"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

So much fun. Went with two families with two ten year old girls. Honestly a great time had by all. Everyone found games they liked. Turn out 10 years old like hunting (a touch scary) while the moms went straight for ms pac man. And you can hunker down with beer in a booth and play old school Nintendo. If I was back at queen's I would be there 4 nights a week.

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

I am a Queen’s University student so it only makes sense that I would have found Barcadia eventually. It is a fun atmosphere and a really fantastic place to spend the evening. They have a good variety of more classic arcade games which you can play for $0.25 each. The games are fun and this is a great place to go with friends or even on your own if you want to play some games. The bar also has some classic Nintendo consoles though I’ll be honest I haven’t tried to play them yet so I can’t speak to how well they work. As far as drinks go the bar has a wide variety of on tap selections and a large number of available video game inspired mixed drinks and shots. The bar also has a few games of Jenga which can be turned into a very entertaining drinking game if you want. (Every time the tower falls you know ;)) the staff are friendly and supportive. I got drunk for the first time the first time I went to this bar and the staff were able to help me and my friends with finding things that I like.

This bar is all in all a great place to visit and I would totally recommend it if Exam stress is getting you down or you just need to unwind.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed 8 January 2017

Finally something different! No loud bands, no crowded dance floor, no cover!
WE wend for a night our with friends and had a great time, the atmosphere is fun and laid back.
Games only cost 25 cents, they had a large selection of beer and drinks. lots of fun cocktails names after game characters! Did I mention FREE popcorn!

This is a great spot for a laid back night out with friends or a date night!

Date of experience: January 2017