“Very good”

Spice Roots An Indian Authenticity
Ranked #42 of 429 Restaurants in Guelph
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Grad dinner. 12 of us. Everybody enjoyed. Butter chicken had a great flavour, although chicken was a bit well done.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

This restaurant is going to be famous the food is awesome looking forward to my next visit. I like Indian food and Spicy Rootz is the best I've had in Perth by a long way.
Give them a try.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

I arrived just before 5 PM and waited until the restaurant opened. Once it opened, we were seated and menus provided immediately. The wait staff are polite and know their business. Chilled water was brought to the table and we were immediately server papadams to nibble on.

Because of an experience at a different Indian restaurant, I asked whether or not the naan was made with eggs (it isn't) and is fluffy and light - exactly what it should be.
I ordered Shahi paneer, chana masala, and Dhal Makhini - the paneer was a wee bit watery and the chana not quite cooked through BUT every single dish was flavorful - you could taste different spicing - something I always look for when eating curry. The chai is a standard black tea rather than a nice Darjeeling or similar.

The gulab jamun was excellent - not overly sweet but warmed and soft.

I was pleasantly surprised by the plentiful quality and quantity. I will be back in the future.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Recommended by a friend at work. Some of the best Indian Food I've had. We've been many times and the food is always great & service is friendly.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We decided to try this restaurant, after recommendations from a coworker, as we enjoy Indian food. Sadly, not at this place. Our noses were enticed by an intriguing smoky aroma on angering and we we greeted by a very friendly server. Her smile was warm: the food from the buffet was not! This was a bit of a worry, given several offerings were chicken dishes--that were barely warmer than room temperature. The meat was dry and the dishes not very flavourful. The server was very nice and tried to provide the best experience possible, under the circumstances. There didn't appear to be any other dining room staff and she was trying to do it all: from greeting and seating customers, taking orders, serving, tending bar, clearing tables and preparing chills and processing payments. If you really want to enjoy an Indian meal, skip this lukewarm lunch and try the delicious lunch buffet or dinner at Diwa on Speedvale Avenue instead.