“All quantity and low quality”

Market Buffet and Grill
Ranked #117 of 546 Restaurants in Barrie
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I should know better by now.This is just another typical low quality buffet.I cant say that anything i ate here was particularly good or bad it was all just so so.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

First timers, so I stuck with the ribs. Being a buffet, I ate the equivalent of more than a full rack of ribs. Better than a rib fest, where you choose one flavour (MBG has 3 flavours of ribs) and, whereas the rib fest rack has a few overcooked ribs on the end, all of the ribs you choose at MBG are juicy, meat-off -the-bone tasty. Also sampled their brisket and pot roast (both tender & juicy- delicious). Even their vegys were cooked right- the cauliflower still had a crunch to it. Dessert tray was ordinary, but I wasn't there for dessert.

1  Thank Craig W
Reviewed 28 May 2018

My husband & I love going here. They make the best food - selection is excellent. We really enjoy the baked potatoes. Soft ice cream is fabulous. I can`t say one bad thing. They even have a napkin holder at each table so you don`t have to keep asking the waitress for more. Well done!! I wish we had one of these restaurants where we live. Whenever we`re in Barrie, Ontario, we go here to eat.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

There’s Sunday mornings when you just don’t feel like preparing anything. That’s the time to head to The Buffet. Decent prices (discounts for Seniors) and a comfortable atmosphere. Pay as you enter, sit and fill your face. Anything from bacon and eggs, any style, to salads and meatloaf. Great dessert section too. We like going before the go to Church gets there as it isn’t quite as busy until they roll in. Not a place we visit all the time but it’s a nice treat every so often. Cheers!

Reviewed 28 April 2018

We had a family dinner tonight for a first time at this place, and sadly, all of us were disappointed with food.
1.Salmon and haddock were over cooked and dry; so is most of meat choices: over cooked and under spiced.
2. Sliced tomatoes and cucumbers for salad look like they were from a day before: soggy and old.
3. French fries was barely warm and also soggy.
4. Macaroni and cheese taste like Kraft dinner, or maybe it was Kraft dinner.
All and all, food was not enjoyable, which we can not say about ice cream: that was delicious.
As for an atmosphere, it was ok, mediocre, plain and simple.
Unfortunately, we would not recommend this place and/or will return to.