US$151
US$133
Delta Hotels
  • Pool
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$179/night.

US$145
US$132
Hotels.com
Cambridge Suites - Halifax(Halifax)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$219
US$211
  • Breakfast included
Future Inns Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$160
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$183/night.

US$142
US$96
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$126/night.

US$130
Agoda.com
Beatonridge Guest House(Halifax)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$75
Reviews (1 088)
1 089 results
All reviewspaper platescorner roomcomplimentary breakfast iswithin walking distancecitadel hillclean roomsthe breakfast areamodern hotelparking garagescotiabank centrefew blockshalifax downtownexcellent hotelwould definitely stay here againexcellent stayharbour viewfront desk staff
9 - 14 of 1 089 reviews
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hotel was clean and comfortable and in a convenient location to explore downtown Halifax by foot. Rooms were spacious with included internet and Keurig coffee machine. Staff were friendly. Included hot breakfast was so-so.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Colin W
Michael S, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Halifax Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy you were very satisfied with your stay and we hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was our first “downtown” Hampton Inn, so it was a little different than the many we’ve stayed at in the States. The biggest differences were the multi floors vs. 3 or 4 floors and paying for parking in an adjacent garage. Breakfast is still complimentary, so that is on extra expense that can be avoided.

The room was clean and comfortable and quite for being downtown. If by some far reaching outside chance I’ll ever be in Halifax again, and in need of a hotel, I’d gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WA2world

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Pros: Good location (not right on the strip but walking distance to it), huge rooms, comfortable bed, clean and modern room interior, friendly staff, free wifi, indoor pool and gym.

Cons: Room doors don't have "soft close" installed so every door closes very loudly, housekeeping not very attentive (on our first day, we found there were only 8-10 facial tissues left in the box, the toilet paper only had 1/3 left - most hotels would have replaced it with a fresh roll, after room cleaning the tea bags were not refreshed), the staff also had trouble finding our reservation even though we booked it on Expedia and his manager immediately found it when she was alerted (staff training issues there)

There was also one major incident that happened during our stay. I was very sick one night and was awake coughing all night, only managing to fall asleep at dawn. My husband went out to get coffee at 11am (I was still sound asleep). He couldn't find the Do Not Disturb sign in the room, so on his way out he went to the front desk to have them add the sign on our door so I wouldn't be disturbed. The front desk person spoke to someone on the system and specifically said "put a Do No Disturb sign on the door and do not go into the room." Guess what happened? In my slumber, I heard a woman's voice very close by so I opened my eyes and saw a woman in my room. She was talking to herself while looking for the Do Not Disturb sign, and I was lying in bed with little clothing (since I was sweating all night). Can you imagine if a male staff had entered my room?! In my shock and confusion and grogginess, I managed to say "hello?". To which point she realized I was in the room. I had no idea what was going on, so she said she'd been sent to put a Do Not Disturb sign on the door, apologized and went back out. Since there is no soft-close function on the door, the door slammed behind her. Of course, I was fully awake by then and texted my husband to ask what was going on (he was still standing at the front desk as all of this happened). My husband promptly told the front desk what happened, and although they apologized, made no additional effort to make things right. Needless to say, we were shocked and disappointed at the level of competence for the whole ordeal. This Hilton property has definitely left a bad taste in our mouths.

Overall, the hotel was good but our experience was just OK. Would probably try a different hotel next time.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Candy H
Miri L, on behalf of management at Hampton Inn by Hilton Halifax Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Candy H

I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserved during your recent stay with us. Please know that this is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry we didn’t meet your expectations during your stay. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience as your satisfaction is very important to us. We try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will consider staying with us again soon so we may have the opportunity to make it right.

Miri L.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great place to stay in Halifax. Walking distance to most attractions and restaurants but be prepared to walk up hill to get home! Very comfortable beds. Spacious, modern, clean rooms. Great breakfast included.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was a perfect hotel and location for our site seeing in Halifax. We arrived very late due to an Airline issue and the staff was more than accommodating with a late check out and storing our bags while we toured the city. We had a corner room with views of the harbor and citadel. Absolutely perfect. Thanks again to the staff!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family