“Remote North End Location ; Fabulous Food ; Great Service”

Agricola Street Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Agricola Street Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 819 Restaurants in Halifax
Price range: US$8 - US$27
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in Halifax's up and coming North End, Agricola Street Brasserie is a place where our neighbours can gather in a convivial and communal atmosphere while enjoying some of the best food available on the East Coast. The Brasserie is an urban restaurant and bar serving French inspired seasonal home-style cooking with robust earthy dishes, and slow-cooked food in a warm, neighbourhood setting. Happy Hour starts at 4pm where we offer drinks specials and burgers each day until 630pm. Monday night is burger night all night Tuesday is mussel night - A crock of mussels with fries, 1/2 litre of wine or 2 pints of beer for $35 Wednesday night get you a cheese and charcuterie board and a glass of red or white for $25. $5 glasses after that.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Located on a quiet, remote North-End street, this airy brasserie is a great find with conventional restaurant, bar & banquet-style seating upstairs . Sustainable seafood, pork and duck were the order-of-the-day in our group dinner . I enjoyed fresh NS(Sober Island) oysters, confit duck leg, while others enjoyed seared scallops . Great wines selected ; had the Albarino from Spain(Chablis-like) and Nebbiolo with the duck . Great service and super atmosphere .

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Had a great meal with friends at the Brasserie for my birthday. Had the day special, lamb shank in rosemary sauce, it was fabulous. The restaurant is modern, spacious and clean. The staff was particularly welcoming.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is more for young trendy types. My husband, kids and I were out of place but the staff was very kind to us. The menu looked very adventurous but we all loved our food. I had scallops, my husband and daughter had pork dumplings and son had linguine. We thought it was worth the price.

rachel k, Owner at Agricola Street Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Shannon! You are never out of place at The Brasserie. We have a very diverse age group. I'm so glad you enjoyed your time and I very much hope you return. Thank you for your kinds words. And please do come back.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

My wife and I have been to the Brasserie twice, each time without a reservation, each time on a Saturday night. Staff are really nice, easy going, and great service. A short wait, and we had a table (first time) and a bar-type seat by one of the front windows (second time). Food was awesome, décor makes the space comfortable and intimate, even with the dozens of fellow patrons in such close proximity. A spot of choice when in Halifax.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

The Brasserie is located in the north end of Halifax in a modern but tasteful building with adequate space, attractive décor, and a laidback ambiance. The service is excellent and the food delicious, but the prices for everything are astronomical for a self-styled brasserie. We enjoyed our experience until we got the bill!