US$160
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Future Inns Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$143
US$152
Delta Hotels
  • Pool
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$181/night.

US$241
  • Restaurant
US$142
  • Pool
US$110
US$137
US$132
US$148
Beatonridge Guest House(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$78
Reviews (1 007)
1 007 results
All reviewsniche restaurantgreat locationcabin coffeeunderground parkingwithin walking distancefront desk staffcomfortable bedsspring garden roadupon checkking roomnice roommaritime museumharbour frontfew blockspool and hot tubdowntown coremini fridge
25 - 30 of 1 007 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018

The Four Points Sheraton in Halifax is conveniently located near the historic Halifax Waterfront and shopping and tons of awesome restaurants on Barrington, Argyle and Spring Garden Road. All are easy walking distance from the hotel.

If you are sensitive to noise, ask for a room to the right of the elevators. The rooms on the opposite end (especially from Thursday to Sunday) are near a nightclub that is so noisy it made me want to pull my hair out. The quietest rooms face the inner courtyard and the street facing rooms can be very noisy, especially in the morning. There is a lot of truck and vehicle traffic on Hollis and given that the hotel is only 6 floors, it's tough to get high enough to escape the same.

The staff at this hotel are incredible and are very conscious and attentive to the needs of their guests. They do a good job at recognizing SPG status but the hotel suffers the same fate as the rest of the Four Points brand, and in Halifax the room rate is at or above the sate I can get at the Westin Nova Scotian. If you are an SPG member, the latter is a better option unless you really covet the underground parking (a huge benefit in the Winter). The soap in the Four Point hotels is HEAVILY perfumed, the shampoo and bodywash is dispensed from the wall in the shower which cheapens the experience.

There is a small fitness facility in the basement and it is adequately appointed. The pool is small but sufficient.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 6th floor facing the courtyard are the quietest
Reviewed 26 June 2018

The hotel is well situated just a block away from the harbour front with it unique restaurants and shops. The hotel itself is looking old and in need of renovations. The hotel are friendly and helpful. The room we had was an odd size, U in shape, which did not lend to it being comfortable stay. The hotel's restaurant is located in its convention area and not in the hotel itself - the restaurant being more of a sports bar location with sports on the 30 odd TV's all the time. notwithstanding this the food was good and reasonably priced.

Stayed: June 2018
DavePower902, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

john s thanks for taking time to share this feedback. We do appreciate this.

Great to hear you enjoyed the location and the Niche restaurant and prices. Next time with us please let us know if not happy with room type or location. We are always happy to move room types for guest to ensure they have the best possible experience. We are working toward updating corridors and outdoor spaces in the next month.

Thanks again for this feedback.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

The hotel is centrally located in downtown Halifax and everything ‘touristy’ was within walking distance. There are a lot of restaurants located 5 minutes walk from the hotel. Rooms were comfortable and clean. They have a system now that if you forego the housekeeping with a 3+ night stay, they give you a $5 voucher to use for their restaurants or use in their snack store down by the lobby. My kids enjoyed using the voucher for candy on our four night stay.

I did ask the front desk on the morning of our second day to have someone come by to empty our garbage and also if we could check out a little later. She said that would not be a problem at all. By the time I got back to the hotel in the evening it was not done so I had to call front desk again. I double checked with the front desk staff the next day to make sure they knew we were checking out an hour later and there was no record of my request.

The pool at the hotel is small and is 4 feet deep in all areas. My kids are strong swimmers but my 8 year old (who is tall) could barely touch the bottom so it was a more challenging fun time for him. Unfortunately, for the four days we stayed at the hotel the hot tub was out of commission.

Overall, I would probably not stay at this hotel the next time I was in Halifax. For the price point that we paid, I think I would like to try another hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
DavePower902, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Luv2Trav3l thanks for taking time to share this feedback.

Communication is so very important in this industry, needless to say this is concerning and we are truly sorry we dropped the ball during your stay. I have shared this feedback with team and will use this feedback as training tool as we head into our busiest months.

Again we are sorry for this experience. If you would like to chat further on this in person please reach out I would be delighted to regain your trust in the Four Points Halifax.

dave.power@whg.com

Reviewed 22 June 2018

I was here recently for the second time and stayed for a total of 7 days. The rooms I had were clean, check in and check out was fast and efficient. The hotel is centrally located and a short walk to most things downtown.

I will definitely consider staying here again next time I am in Halifax.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

craigb31 thanks for taking time to share this feedback with the tripadvisor community.

Great to hear you will choose and consider us on your next visit to Halifax.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 June 2018

I am here for business. It has overall been great, clean and staff have been pleasant. I only have a few minor issues. The toiletries left ( towels and soaps) have been inconsistent some days I get some some days I don’t. Also for the business aspect we have a rented conference room. The meals haven’t been great. A few food allergies that have been Mentioned multiple times & never corrected.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

well those are 2 of my favourite comments..Great location and amazing sleep! Thanks for this and appreciate you staying with us.

I have shared this feedback with Scanway the company whom caterers our conference room. They are under new ownership and are working hard to ensure great products for our guest. Allergies are so very important so we are sorry this took time and not corrected.