other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
35snow
Ancaster, Canada
“worst vacation stay i have ever experienced”
Reviewed 28 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

I could go in to detail but suffice to say, I have stayed in MANY vacation rentals, mostly through Homeaway and VRBO.com but this place is disgusting
First of all, I can tell you BEWARE
the owner of this cottage, one Michael Tam, is a well-known SLUM LANDLORD in Digby Nova Scotia and has a reputation of being quite a wheeler and dealer. He owns the restaurant House of Wong on the main street and that should have told me right there when my brother, sister and I came to pick up the key.
The cottage shows you just that:: the kitchen had some leftover food on the counter, dishes in a tub in the sink, no proper sheets on the bed--only a bottom sheet with no mattress cover underneath. Michael insisted that the duvets and blankets were clean but I was totally unbelieving of anything he said at this point. There is ONE closet for the 4 bedrooms and that one closet had been sprayed with some kind of deodorizer that smelled like bug spray.
The 2 showers had used soap bars and muck all around them, the shower itself was dirty.
Suffice to say, the cottage had not been cleaned before we arrived.
There were 3 plates in the cupboards above the counter: 1 was a serving plate, 1 dinner plate and 1 saucer!!!
It was not until our last day that I looked at one of the cupboards in the corner below the counter to see the not so clean dishes there......the cupboards were all dirty---leftover food particles, the fridge was not clean and it goes on and on.
He said his wife had cleaned the cottage but that is a pretty funny way of cleaning.
We left so he could have his wife come back and re-do the place....
it was not sufficient for my comfort let me tell you.....its a good thing I brought Lysol wipes with me
No human being should have to deal with such a place for not only living or renting but ESPECIALLY a vacation rental
again, BEWARE

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
29 Aug 2015
Victoria snow, you were the worst person that lived in my house and you were the messiest of them all. And you are not an honest person because you only paid for 2 people when there was 3 and i have proof of that. When we come to clean the house at 10am, you didn't even ready to leave when you are supposed to check out at 10am which is shown on our ad. And you were complainted that the 'universal' check out time for hotel is 3pm. I'm sorry but you're not renting a hotel room and wasn't paying a hotel price. Our ad is already show that the check out time is 10am very clearly. And you left all that garbage and food everywhere in the house. And I'm sure our house is not disgusting like what you mentioned about. We might be missing a couple of spots and it's only took us a couple of minutes to clean it.
Also there's a whole cupboard full of plates, bowls and silver ware which is enough for ten guest and how do you said that we had 1 plate in the whole house?
I hope we will not having this kind of picky people renting my house and they should rent a room in a 5 star hotel.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing