“Cozy, clean private cottage was exactly what we...”
other travellers have booked this property
Northern Lights in front of cabins Bed Guest House
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Guest House
Northern Lights in front of cabins
Bed Guest House
New fire pit area
Bathroom
Northern Lights over Guest House
Snowmobiling/Ice fishing
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
funsister
Sydney, Nova Scotia
“Cozy, clean private cottage was exactly what we ordered”
Reviewed 27 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

We had 2 enjoyable nights at the country cabin, the owners were very nice and helpful. The cabin feels like new and I liked the ambiance of country living, especially with the fresh smell of pine. We made use of the bbq for dinners each evening and would have enjoyed the fire pit and comfortable outdoor seating except for the rain.
The bed was comfortable and despite being "off the grid" we had sufficient water and light in the cottage.
We walked the Prelude Lake trail and it was well worth the effort. The entrance point is next door to the cottage.
This location is 30 km from Yellowknife and there are no stores nearby, so remember to bring your groceries with you.. This would be the perfect place to enjoy the Northern Lights on a clear night.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cabin is charming.
Liked least: Not a lot to do on a rainy day.
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
Jen G
Edmonton, Canada
“Excellent place for a great Yellowknife experience!”
Reviewed 26 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed at this cabin for a 3 night stay in Yellowknife. I couldn't imagine a more perfect setting for our outdoor adventure vacation we were going for. The cabin was very well equipped, but allowed us to feel connected to nature, which went along perfectly with the hiking/outdoor vacation we were aiming for. It's a short 30 minute drive outside of the town of Yellowknife itself.

The cabin itself is small, but has everything 2 people would need. We took advantage of the outdoor area as well, playing board games on the patio at night, and enjoying the firepit while waiting for the northern lights to come out (which they did!). We did end up driving the short distance to the lake to view the northern lights better, but you can definitely see them right from the cabin.

The owners were very helpful and accommodating! I would absolutely recommend this cabin to anyone, and if I am ever in Yellowknife again myself, I would absolutely stay there again.

Lungyan
HK
“Good pick for northern light viewing”
Reviewed 1 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

Simple but clean and well maintained cabin, friendly Dave, spectacular aurora!! I'm glad we pick the Cabin for our first aurora encounter. LIKE! ^.^

Brenda P
Cantley, Canada
“A Home Away from Home”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

Right from the start, I felt that this cabin was my home during a 2 week stay in the YK area. Although I had a late night arrival, it was very easy to find and get settled in on my own. Dave and Pauline are gracious hosts, and the neighbourhood bonfires in sub zero temperatures were great fun. There are some easy hiking opportunities very near the cabins and good birding even off-season. Not to mention seeing the spectacular Aurora Borealis right by the cabin. I walked/drove on the Prelude Lake ice-road .. how cool is that ... but I am already thinking of returning in the summertime to see the lake when it is not completely frozen over.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The owners and their neighbours.
Liked least: There was nothing to dislike.
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
Hipperson...
Calgary
“So peaceful - I would book again”
Reviewed 14 November 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

I booked this cute a-frame cottage for a solo trip to check off an item off my travel list - the midnight sun in Yellowknife - for 3 nights early in July. I was not disappointed, the cottage was comfortable, very clean, and the host was really friendly and helpful. There was a kitchen with gas stovetop, fridge, sink of course and everything you need to prepare a meal (I picked up some groceries on my way in from Yellowknife). The Bathroom, like the whole cottage, was very clean. The bed was comfy and dark curtains helped when it was time to sleep, as it never really got dark. But that was the point! I made good use of the screened gazebo in the yard, sitting out late, reading, and trying to guess how late it was by the quality of the light. I think the thing I enjoyed the most was how quiet and peaceful this spot is, it was a wonderful break from my hometown. I was very comfortable, it was quite private, really quiet, and plus it was very good value. I was really happy with my choice.

There were some fantastic easy hikes nearby in the Prelude Lake territorial park, with the lake, boat launch, and beach about a 10 minute walk away. The scenery in the area was beautiful, just bring your bug spray in summer. The location is about a 30-40 minute drive from Yellowknife, through some amazing scenery that I will never forget. Yellowknife itself is a great place to explore as well, I highly recommend it as a really unique vacation, it's not a place everyone gets to experience and it has some fascinating history. I hope to return to check another item off my list - see the borealis in Yellowknife.

I highly recommend Country Cottage, I would book there again!

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$82
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing