Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 21/03/14
SAVE US$5
Official HotelUS$93
Expedia.comUS$93
eDreamsUS$93
All reviews high tech blackout blinds underground parking rocket bakery great hotel control panel nespresso coffee machine touch panels modern hotel floor to ceiling bed super room controls european hotels black out blinds european feel harbour view great harbour
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 January 2021

WONDERFUL HOTEL AND GREAT STAFF!

It was an excellent experience
staying in the Hotel. My stay kept being extended as I was waiting on my test results. All the staff took very good care of me addressing me by name and even suggesting good dishes from the restaurant and cafe ( which are phenomenal too).In particular Shingi went an extra mile and really helped me feel at home, offering me an unforgettable view of the harbour for my stay to uplift my spirits as I had not seen my family within a year due to the pandemic. I strongly recommend you stay here if you find yourself in St John’s. The location is perfect and I will be certainly travelling for leisure next time.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Clarah Germain, Guest Services / Front Office at Alt Hotel St. John's, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2021

Thank you so much for the great review, Antonio! We are very proud of our team and do love our guests with all our hearts. I will share your very positive feedback with Shingi and the rest of the team with pleasure, and do hope we will get to see again very soon.

Clarah and the Alt Team
clarahgermain@germainhotels.com

Reviewed 16 January 2021

The hotel features a perfect location in downtown St. John's with fantastic views of the harbor and narrows (narrow access to Atlantic Ocean). The staff is wonderful and the hotel provides exceptional covid precautions. The rooms are modern and well designed. A five minute stroll brings you to resturants, night clubs, micro breweries and more. A great choice for visitors and staycationers.

Room tip: An modest extra charge for a harbor view is worth it.
Date of stay: January 2021
Clarah Germain, Guest Services / Front Office at Alt Hotel St. John's, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2021

Dear Terry, thank you so very much for the kind words! We could not be happier your enjoyed our hotel and that, most of all, you felt safe.

We do hope to see you again very soon,

clarahgermain@germainhotels.com

Reviewed 6 January 2021

We have had the pleasure of staying at the ALT a few times now and each time it gets better. The staff is amazing , the rooms are great and if we forgot anything, you can be sure they will have it for you. We have stayed in many hotels in the area and the ALT is by far the Superior. We are booked for again this weekend - it is our home away from home

Room tip: All rooms fabulous
Date of stay: December 2020
Clarah Germain, Guest Services / Front Office at Alt Hotel St. John's, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2021

Wow, Linda, thank you so much for the rave review! We are so pleased you are enjoying your getaways with us. We do aim to please and we all dance with joy when a guest leaves happy. We would love to get in touch with you for your stay this weekend - please drop us a note at clarahgermain@germainhotels.com. :)

Have a fantastic day and a great stay!

Reviewed 19 December 2020 via mobile

Stayed here after my wedding and the amazing staff went above and beyond to make our stay special! The room was beautiful, the bed super comfy, the puffin wall in the shower/bedroom is a really special touch and the view of the St John's harbour is one of a kind! Loved all the room control panels that are always in reach allowing you to adjust lighting or temperature. I've never seen anything like it and it's definitely a plus! And the location! Right on water st so you're right in the middle of all the great shopping and fantastic restaurants St. John's has to offer. Would definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Clarah Germain, Guest Services / Front Office at Alt Hotel St. John's, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2020

Dear Jenny,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us with such kind words. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you again very soon!

Clarah and the Alt Team

Reviewed 12 December 2020

Stayed at The Alt St. John's for 2 nights. Good experience. Right downtown St. John's facing Water Street and the majestic and serene St. John's harbour. Exceptional location. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful, room was just the right size, super well laid out and extremely clean. Bed was very comfortable. Just an overall pleasent experience and I would highly recommend it as part of anyone's Newfoundland - Labrador - St John's travel experience.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Clarah Germain, Guest Services / Front Office at Alt Hotel St. John's, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2020

Dear Blair,
Thank you very much for the kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We hope to welcome you in Newfoundland and at the hotel or the restaurant as soon as possible.