Mere Hotel(Winnipeg)
US$188
US$175
  • Restaurant
US$57
All reviewsroom ipadrunway viewgrand stayfloor to ceiling windowsan early morning flightstarbucks coffeegreat hotelbottled waterrooms are modernfree wifirental carroom servicefour pointsexcellent staycomfortable bedone night stayconvenient location
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night while on business. Very modern hotel and room was very spacious. Bed and linens were comfortable. Room appeared clean until I noticed that the paper cups next to the Keurig machine had already been used and not replaced - gross. Otherwise the room appeared clean. A bit conflicted on the “environmentally conscious” aspect of the hotel as they provided a sanitised, reusable bottle of water instead of plastic throw away bottles (which was great!), yet they provide those plastic Keurig pods that aren’t recycled. You can imagine how many of those are thrown out per day at the hotel...just food for thought.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Room 302 backs onto the ice machine and creates a a constant noise that reverberates in the bathroom and creates a din in the bedroom. The bed was too soft for my taste - which is very firm. The shower needed more attention in terms of cleanliness.
The staff are friendly enough but no one offered to comp my room or at the very least provide a discount and I mentioned the noisy room problem to at least three front desk staff.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Danielle S, General Manager at The Grand Winnipeg Airport Hotel by Lakeview, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear Cindy

Thank you for your feedback. I hope you received my email response to your guest survey today. I have already started to look into your concerns and I would like you to know I take all feedback and concerns from our valued guests seriously and these will all be attended to. Please do not hesitate to reply to my email earlier today as I am happy to make this right for you. I look forward to hearing back from you soon and wish you a wonderful weekend!

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Located across from the airport ; a short walk. Connected to the Sheraton Four Points under the same ownership. Neither restaurant or bar are worth using. There’s a $10 charge for parking per day.

Not part of major hotel chain so if you are looking for points or elite benefits you can use Four Points (owned by Marriott) or the Courtyard which also at the airport but may not be close enough to walk.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Danielle S, General Manager at The Grand Winnipeg Airport Hotel by Lakeview, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear BillL64

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all comments from our valued guests and look forward to using that feedback to create a better experience for our guests. We are proud to offer 5 food and beverage outlets between both our hotels which are very accessible to our guests through a controlled walkway.. Both dining areas offer a different selection. If you have a moment please do not hesitate to email me more details regarding your dining experience which will allow me to look into possible changes that may need to be made to better enhance our guests experience.

You are correct that the Grand Hotel is not part of a worldwide chain. We are proudly owned and operated by Lakeview Management, a Manitoba owned company. Lakeview has its very own loyalty program called Lakeview Perks which can be used at most of our properties. The Grand is also extremely proud to offer Aeroplan Miles. Aeroplan is earned for every room dollar spent before tax.

I look forward to hearing from you regarding your dining experience. I always look for ways to better serve our guests and the best way to do that is to hear from our guests and see things from their prospective.

All the best!

Danielle Gunson
gm@lakeviewgrand.com

Reviewed 14 June 2018

EASY ACCESS FROM THE Winnipeg INT'L AIRPORT, friendly staff, prompt and courteous service. State of the art rooms, beds are quite comfortable. Accessing Netflix was a bit of a challenge but the other amenities were easily accessible. The parking valets were extremely pleasant and efficient to deal with. I will stay there again the next time I am in Winnipeg.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 8 June 2018

Its been 2 months since my 2 night stay at The Grand by Lakeview, but my experience is still fresh in my mind. The front office staff, specifically Will Streilein, went above and beyond to ensure my business partner and I had a productive and comfortable stay. I can highly recommend this hotel for your business travel.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your review Derek3809! To hear how the experience is still fresh in your mind after 2 months is wonderful to hear! We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to seeing you again!

Danielle Gunson