“Diamond in the rough”

East Ocean Restaurant
Ranked #539 of 1 712 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great food. Fair and affordable prices. Great service. Very small restaurant. No free parking. Location is a little shady.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

Stopped in for some take out to bring back to the hotel. The restaurant is dated but clean, the food was hot and tasty. No room to complain.

Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

I went here for the first time tonight. I was reading through reviews and thought it looked good. I wasn't disappointed. I had the shredded duck soup which reminded me so much of duck soup that I had eaten as a child, but with an eastern flair. I also had the Szechuan beef - it had a unique flavour, and a slightly spicy quality. For the quantity of food I got, the price was very good.

Reviewed 27 June 2016

Been going there for about 15 years now yes the place is runned down but the food is still great and fresh!

Reviewed 6 February 2016 via mobile

I have been going to East Ocean for years with friends and co workers. The food is first rate. You can tell it's a great place because the dining room is always packed with people. The service is always spot on as well. The price is also very reasonable. If you like Asian food worth making a stop for.