All reviews close to the airport bunk beds great pool hot tub theme suite pool side front desk staff a great stay free shuttle main floor conference joes dino stacey waterslides banquet proximity
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We went here for a little spring break getaway. It wasn't horrible, but it was disappointing. We were on the third floor. When I got off, the hallway was grungy and unappealing. This part of the hotel is in need of some serious renovations. I got to our room, and although a good size, it wasn't exactly attractive. Dull. But good size. We got a theme room for the kids. The theme room was a good size. They had lots of room. And they were happy in there. We've stayed at other places with theme rooms and they have been very small and cramped. This wasn't. It had a lot of room.

We came here for the pool. It is a nice enough pool area...but the pool itself was gross. The sides of the pool were grungy. It looked like a bathtub that hadn't been cleaned in a long time. I was not impressed by that. It's too bad though, because the pool area itself was pretty nice. Not a deep pool...1m at the deepest. The water was a nice temperature. The water slide is good. But, grungy!!!

We spent a good amount of money on this overnight package, so I felt that it should have come with a continental breakfast at least. It didn't. We ate at the restaurant - Chicago Joes. Very expensive for not great food. Service wasn't great. We saw our waitress once when she took our order then once when she dropped off the food...then she disappeared off the face of the earth.

So, overall, it was a disappointing experience. It looks like it would be better for conferences. I went by some of the conference rooms. They looked brand new and were really attractive. But as far as actually staying there....meh.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
victoriainnmanager, Manager at Victoria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Thank you for your review chearn73, and sorry we did not meet your expectations. We certainly take your comments seriously and will use them as motivation to be better.

To Speak to some specifics, less than two weeks ago we installed new T-bar ceiling on the 3rd floor, and we will look to changing the carpet and wallpaper next year. I appreciate your comment that it is grungy, and we will keep that in mind when reviewing color schemes with our designer.

Glad your family enjoyed the Kids rooms, and I believe you will find they are some of the nicest rooms the City has to offer. Obviously you are here during Spring break when we are very busy with families, and so our pool area is extremely busy. I will make sure our engineering team is doing a more thorough cleaning of the pool liner. I can assure you this is part of our daily task, but I will make sure it is double checked.

Lastly, I would like to let you know that we are in the middle of a complete remodel of all our guestrooms. The Children themed rooms have not been addressed yet, but we are well underway on our deluxe rooms. If you have an opportunity we would love to show you one as I'm sure you will find them very nice.

Thank you once again for your comments as it truly does push us to be better. Hope you and your family had great spring break and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I have been to conferences and stayed at this hotel many years ago. Since then, the hotel appears to have upgraded their rooms. They are very clean, comfortable and the location is great if you have to catch an early flight.

All of the staff was friendly, especially the shuttle driver who took us to the airport at 4am!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
victoriainnmanager, Manager at Victoria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Thank you janetsteinthorson for your review. Great to hear that you noticed the room remodel we are presently undergoing. Presently we have completed about 1/3 of all our rooms and we are working very hard on the remainder.

Safe travels, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

-Hotel is clean
-All Staff is friendly and helpful, from the front desk, to security to the the cleaning personnel
-The rooms are beautiful
-The pool is great. Waist deep on a five year old. Lots of room for a packed hotel. 3 waterslides. 1 for toddlers, 1 for younger kids and a big water slide for older kids up to adults. The hot tub is spacious and clean. Lots of seating for parents.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
victoriainnmanager, Manager at Victoria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thank you very much for your review.

Exciting to hear how much your family enjoyed their visit to Winnipeg, and we hope to see you again soon. We are happy to announce that we are presently underway with a complete remodel on all our guestrooms, so be sure to ask for tour the next time you stop by !

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Held a two day conference at the Victoria Inn for 1300 people. I was in charge of planing the event with the hotel and working with them on site. The staff were amazing. Fast, polite and accommodating. The whole facility has a professional, and comfortable feel.
Will defiantly return!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your review Mercer L.

Great to hear that your event went well and we appreciate the opportunity to host your event. We certainly look forward to helping with your next conference if possible.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We had a 2-day conference consisting of 50 people. We utilized two smaller conference rooms for split sessions, and came together in a third room for Supper and breakfast. Then we had a public session in a larger room to end the weekend.

Stacey (-) did an excellent job helping me coordinate all the details and book the suitable rooms. She was very good with her constant communication as the event drew closer. She was always polite and helpful.

When the day of the conference arrived, everything was ready when we showed up. All the rooms were set up perfectly, and there were several people who introduced themselves and gave me contact information if any issues arose.

The staff (I remember two of their names: Sandi and Mandy) were able to quickly get us coat racks when we requested, and did an amazing job of serving the delicious snacks, coffee, tea, and juice.

The supper meal we ate together in the Carlton room was absolutely delicious! And the kitchen staff did an amazing job of getting us some meals for some children that I forgot to plan for.

The hotel room I stayed in was very clean, comfortable, and spacious.

The only negative thing about the experience was that the iPhone app I used as a room key did not work in the elevator to allow me to get to my floor. But this was only a very minor inconvenience, since I simply went to the front desk and they provided me with a standard plastic room card which worked fine.

I strongly recommend the Victoria Inn as a place to hold a conference of various sizes. All the staff were very helpful, pleasant, and courteous!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
victoriainnmanager, Manager at Victoria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Thank you so much for such a detailed review gillesgrenier.

I will be certain to share your comments with our team and I know they will be excited to see how pleased you were with your event. I would also like to thank you for pointing our the elevator issue so that we can have the lock reprogrammed.

We realize that there are many option available for event space in the City and we appreciate the trust you placed in us to host your event. Thank you once again and we hope we have the pleasure to serve you again in the future.