“Good and quick. Service great!”

Moxie's Grill & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Moxie's Grill & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #216 of 1 834 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Price range: US$25 - US$98
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Winnipeg
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Ok, so please put this review in context. I’m a frequent business traveller, normally solo so my criteria for food service may differ from a casual diner or a group. Many restaurants just don’t understand this.

I look for quick service, decent food and I usually tip well. I want to eat after a long day, and then get back to my hotel.

I’ve tried Moxie’s a few times, and it met my criteria. Service very quick, my meal came in a timely manner, and it tasted good. I went to hotel filled and happy.

On this trip, after not getting service after a 20 minute wait at Brown’s across the street, I went to Moxie’s again. I was served quickly, my server was friendly and attentive, food was good for a chain and I was out in 40 minutes. Perfect! Server received her 20%.

I’ll be back.

Moxie's G, General Manager at Moxie's Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Michael,
Thank you for leaving your feedback and review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal with us and you left satisfied. I hope you stop by the next time you are in town.
Regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We were having a girls night out and we were looking for a place to have dinner before the Shinedown Concert. We decided to try Moxie's as it is right at the venue so travel time is nil. After dinner, we exited right into the arena through a side door complete with security station. This was excellent so we didn't have to wait in the main line to enter the arena.

We both ordered the chicken tenders and French fries. We didn't have too long of a wait for our food as the place wasn't all that busy when were there (430pm). The food arrived hot and crispy. They give lots of fries so we were not able to finish them all.

Our waitress was very nice and attentive. Everything was exactly as expected from such an establishment.

We still had over 1/2 hr before the "doors opened" to the arena and our waitress told us to take as much time as we wanted sitting in our booth so we didn't have to go to the main entry gate. This was super nice.

We will definitely visit this restaurant again before an event at Bell MTS Centre

Moxie's G, General Manager at Moxie's Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Thanks for visiting and leaving such a great review. I am happy you were able to enjoy your experience before the concert. I hope you visit again soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 22 March 2018

I tried to eat on a Tuesday afternoon. The place was empty and no one even came to seat me. Don't know what the food is like but the service sucks.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you for letting me know about your experience. I want to apologize that we did not give you the service you deserved and we expect from our team. If you could email me directly at mtscentregm@moxies.eatz.ca so I can make this right for you I would appreciate it.

Best regards,

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Ate her prior to the Frozen show. The restaurant was not overly busy, but the service throughout was rather slow. Food was great though, I had a burger as did my son. All in all, a pretty good option when at the MTS Centre, just give yourself lots of time

Moxie's G, General Manager at Moxie's Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Thanks for coming by and leaving the 4 star review.
I am sorry that the service was not to our standards.
I am pleased that the food was great.
I hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

I have eaten at many of the Moxie's restaurants throughout the years and they continue to disappoint me. I review many restaurants with my honest opinion. I make a point to give good reviews when food is good and bad reviews when food is bad. With Moxie's MTS being downtown I thought it was more of a higher end restaurant catering to business clientele but I was sadly mistaken. I had the steak (medium) and shrimp and the steak was okay a little tough, shrimp was good (pretty hard to mess up preparing shrimp). What I was beyond disappointed with was the vegetable sides. The roasted potatoes were dried out and lacked any flavor. Now the beats and asparagus were TERRIBLE. I rarely ever use uppercase to emphasize a point but this time it is warranted. The taste of the beats and asparagus were indescribable, to try I would say it was like they were left on the corner of a dirty grill. I was with some business colleagues so I was not going to mention how bad things really were. One thing I have to say about Moxie's is they are consistent, consistently BAD! I'm not sure who they hire as their kitchen staff but my 10 year old would have done better. I'm not sure who is running all of these restaurants but whoever is hiring their chef's and kitchen staff should be, well you know. I tell it like it is and I can honestly say I would have been better off going to Mc... you know who (very sad but true). I would have saved $25 and had something fresher. Here's a tip for Moxie's management. Have management invite some anonymous random guests to come in at random times and honestly review their meals and service. My review is not based on one, two or even three meals at Moxie's but many throughout the years. I think this one has put me over the edge where even if offered a free meal I will likely decline. Sometimes the truth is hard to swallow, no pun intended, or maybe it was. Cheers!

1  Thank chrisg_Nfl
Moxie's G, Regional Manager at Moxie's Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Chris,
Thanks for leaving your review and feedback.
I am sorry we have not been able to provide you the experience we expect from our team
I would like to make this right for you.
Please email me directly at cmanalastas@moxies.eatz.ca so I can personally take care of it.
Best regards,