“WOW”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 99
Transit: Reliable and frequent local transit service will drop you conveniently at our driveway.
Description: In its 23rd year, the Rimrock Café has delighted diners with its innovative, fresh cuisine and emphasis on the finest fish and game, artfully prepared with inventiveness and flair. The restaurant is consistently recognized as a local’s favorite for atmosphere, service and a sublime eating experience. Behind the large glass window of our lit cellar, all manner of wines from the glamorous and recognizable to the intriguing and new seem to hum seductively. Two fireplaces cast an ambient glow over the chatter and energy of our rustic dining room. In summer, enjoy your meal on a sunny patio. The seafood antipasto for two is the perfect start to your meal. Stunning presentation meets succulent, vibrant flavor among the six exquisite tasters. Try our Venison tenderloin, served with a porcini cream and homemade spatzle. For the seafood lover, our main course Trio is a harmony of seared Ahi, nut crusted Sablefish and grilled prawns. Complete your meal with Whistler's favorite desert.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have had many, many fine dining experiences throughout my lifetime but my dining experience her was higher than top notch. From the moment we arrived to a beautiful lobby with the inviting smell of a real fire, the offer to take our coats and the simple friendliness of our host and hostess we knew this night might be special. I ordered the Lobster Bisque to start and if I had not been raised right, I would have licked the bowl. It was creamy and rich with pieces of lovely lobster. Just thinking of it now, I am licking my lips. I then had the foie gras which was delicate, sumptuous and finished to perfection. My main course was the mixed grill. Venison, Lamb and Filet Mignon as a trio. One of my favourite entrees is lamb which I almost always order and compare to other lamb. This lamb was lovely, it was delicious, but next to the venison and the filet mignon that were melt in your mouth, to die for deliciousness, it was just lamb. When we gave our compliments to the kitchen, our server mentioned that the staff party had taken place the evening before so not everyone was 100%, then I cannot wait to see what is placed before me when the staff is operating at 100%. We will be visiting here again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 608)

3 - 7 of 1 608 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Many people consider Rimrock the best restaurant in Whistler. It’s not hard to see why.

The vibe is easy going - friendly without a saccharine overdose - “You okay with pouring your own wine?” type of place with stupid good food.

We had their 3 course menu last night - not a miss to be had. ($39!?!)

Wine list is very sanely priced. (One example - a $480 wine at our hotel was $276) Lots great wines way less than that of course.

Take a taxi or hotel shutttle folks - enjoy those great drinks and wine. Even being on #99 its sorta off the beaten path.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If you’re looking for a delicious traditional Aussie pie then look no further than Peaked Pies. They do a great range of flavours and the service is fast and friendly. The only downside is that they’re a little pricey once you start adding sides (mash potatoes and peas).

Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

As someone that has been fortunate to eat in all levels of restaurants (private dining with presidents of top 5 companies) I have never experienced the combination of freshness and meticulous flavors with nothing less than perfection in preparation...ever!

This restaurant is something special, and whomever are the people planning and preparing what they serve are masters of their art.

We had the 3 course dinner which I could explain in detail what we had, and the unbelievable flavor combinations we experienced that had our table exclaim WOW with each bite, but I won't spoil the magic and say you are a fool passing on a gem if you do not eat here.

This is NOT dinner, it is a memorable experience.

1  Thank MinnesotaWT
Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing night at Rim Rock after wanting to go there for so long!
Our server Shelley was amazing, such a genuine interest in her job and lovely person.
The food was incredible, and wine amazing and whole experience was great! I’m glad we finally got there :)