All reviews creekside gondola media room whistler village grocery store hot tub games room washer dryer creek side bbq area three bedroom creekside area tim hortons full kitchen ski lockers main village southside diner min drive
Reviewed 7 October 2018

From booking through the telephone to checkout, Legends at Whistler was an all around outstanding property.

We actually booked via their local call centre and was connected to Michael. He patiently answered all my questions, found a less expensive price for BC residents and located a unit that fit all my requests. He went beyond our expectations and set us up for a fantastic vacation.

The actual arrival at the hotel was just as wonderful. We were pleasantly surprised with our unit #528? A top floor, 2 bedroom condo facing the creek. Graciously appointed with a full kitchen, living room, dining room, 2 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms. Everything was comfortable, ultra clean, and in good repair. The beds were some of the best we have experienced, the linens of a high thread count and bathroom amenities worthy of a high standard. The air conditioning needs to be noted, it was extremely quiet! Not the noisy window units that keep one up at night. To note, the rooms have blinds which allow in the morning sun so please bring your eye-masks if you are a light sensitive sleeper and the shower heads are a bit low.

The location of the Legends was just great. Out of the hubbub of the village where nights can be noisy. We listened to the babbling creek! Lots of paths to walk or bike. Alpha Lake Park is a short jaunt with swimming, a park, tennis courts and green space to enjoy. The bus to the village was free over the weekend but parking is quite inexpensive in the village day lots just for convenience.

The Legends amenities were great. The billiards table, the BBQ and pool area were in high demand over the beautiful July weekend. It was delightful to soak in the hot tub after the grueling hikes up the Chief and the black diamond hikes on top of Whistler mountain. One downside, during the afternoon, the pool was full to bursting with kids and pool toys, that there was no space for other swimmers. Regardless, the tinkle of kids laughter was enjoyable.

Regardless of the pool issues, we would return to this hotel in a heart beat. It was amazingly spacious, well appointed, overall quiet and a delight to stay at. Highly recommend the Legends at Whistler!

Room tip: Upper floors have vaulted windows, DO NOT stay on the poolside!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Great convenient location and comfortable cozy rooms. Kids really enjoyed the stay at the 3 rooms lodge and was surprised to find out kids club is so updated with the switch video game stations. The only things we had problem with is the elevator wait time, it seem to take forever to wait for one.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

The hotel is absolutely amazing! Each room is equipped with a kitchen and a fire place. The matrace is super comfortable and there is a pool and jacuzzi on the 2nd floor that you can use.
It would be nice if it was possible to have breakfast in the hotel, however, there is a Tim Hortons and a Starbucks just around the corner so that's not really a problem. I can definitely recommend staying here!

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank sanfue_200985
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

My family stayed here for 3 nights and wished we had longer.
The suite was clean and comfortable. Bathrooms were a good size and we appreciated having laundry in the suite.
The amenities are excellent - beautiful pool, hot tub for adults only and another one for everyone. The games room was great - pool table (although the cues needed new tips), video games room, etc.
I appreciated how quiet the rooms were and the location just far enough from the noise of the village, but close enough that we could catch a bus just steps from the front door, straight into the village when we wanted to. One evening we were in the village late after the lumina experience, and my kids were taken aback by the crowds of screaming drunk 20somethings swearing and staggering around the streets during a pub crawl. I then realized how fortunate we were to be staying out of the chaos. However, if you have lots of village centred activities, you may prefer a hotel right in the village in order to avoid the 15 minute or so commute in. There is s little collection of shops across the street from Legends which included a well stocked grocery store, liquor store and Starbucks. My one complaint with legends is with the front desk staff. They were either incompetent or just rude. They didn’t seem to have usual front desk pleasantries which I found I missed. No “how was your trip” or “I apologize but your room isn’t ready” or “the elevator is that way”. Clearly they haven’t taken pride in hospitality - it felt like they were running a cheap hostel. For example, there were zero luggage racks to be found and they didn’t seem to care. When I real in the hotel guide that we could request one to be brought to the room for check out, the person answering the phone didn’t even attempt a fake apology, it was just “we don’t have anybody to do that.” When given my room key, it was just “here’s your room.” Without any direction as to where that actually was. When we arrived and the room wasn’t ready they told us we could wait by the pool and phone the front desk periodically to see if it was ready as they don’t call guests. When I asked what the number was, the front desk person didn’t know it and told me to look on the hotel phone. These are several examples but we just avoided front desk as much as possible because everything else about the hotel was so fantastic. It’s not a deal breaker but it was surprising and a little irritating. Hopefully management teaches them some very fundamental customer service skills.

Date of stay: August 2018
3  Thank lizardmama
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed 11 relaxing nights at this beautiful property. In the past, we have stayed at their sister property Evolution and Nita Lake Lodge. We prefer to stay in Creekside rather than right in the village as it’s a little more low key.

The property itself was excellent, with lots of amenities and things to do in and around the area. The staff were all fantastic (special mention to Natalie at the front desk).

The room itself was very cozy with all the comforts of home. Bed was super comfortable and the view (Creekside) was awesome!

The only concern we had was the fact that people entering the pool area could walk through the gym and at times the floor would get wet presenting slippery conditions. The staff did their best to address the floor but I wonder if this was simply a design flaw from the get go?

In any event, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and wouldn’t hesitate to return, although we may try out their other sister property First Tracks as it may be even more low key.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank buznbro15