All reviews studio loft front desk great location indoor pool and hot tub grocery store village square quiet side king bed short walk to the lifts hotel room full kitchen main floor ski storage small kitchen underground parking ebony dishwasher
Reviewed 8 December 2015

The front desk is great. They were able to hook me me up with a babysitter who works in their office. Sabrina H was great. She watched 5 kids and they loved her. She played games and did crafts with the kids. My son Ryder said she was "the best babysitter ever" . The kids still talk about Sabrina.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2015

I was travelling on my own and so spoke to the staff a lot, who were super friendly and very helpful. The hotel has everything you need, pool and spa are excellent, particularly after a day skiing! The rooms are well appointed and really comfortable and have amazing view of the mountain. Very short walk to the lifts. The only slight draw-back is the noise from the pubs nearby.

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Corpie F
Reviewed 23 November 2015

Our room had a great view of the mountain (Room 242), and it was in front of the "Village Square", which was good and bad. Whistler is not a quiet place at all, so if your room faces the Square, expect to be disturbed until at least midnight by outside noise.

Other than that, Ravens woke us up every day early morning, which was OK because they haven't insisted afterwards.

The room itself was cozy, the bathroom was decent (hot tub, not a jacuzzi, so no jets there), and the bed and linens were excelent. Our main problem with the room is darkness. There was no ceiling illumination, only a few lamps scatered across the room. Also, no toaster, just a microwave and a small coffee machine are available.

We needed help from the front-desk a couple times (not related to our room, but regarding tips and tricks of whistler) and they were always very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about Whistler blackcomb and trails around it. Adam and Petra helped us a whole bunch regarding tips-n-tricks and activities booking for a day in the mountain.

Room tip: Rooms facing the square have the best view, but are way noisier.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2015

My star rating is based on my experience with the staff, and Village location. I am a Vancouver local who stays in Whistler quite a bit for work, and leisure. I would recommend anyone looking for a good value hotel room or studio with kitchen, central in the village to stay here. It's also only a 3 or 4 min. walk to the lifts! I have stayed in many hotels in Whistler from condos & 3* hotels to the only 5* If the hotel is clean and the staff are great, that's what counts. In this case, I stayed in a Studio Loft. It was perfect for my friend and I who were up for a Cornucopia event at the Conference Ctr - 2 min. walk - and thoroughly enjoyed it! The front desk gentleman was able to check us in early, he was super friendly.When I got to my room, I couldn't figure out the DVD player (I didn't see the other remote), so I asked the housekeeper, a friendly younger man, who fixed it up and showed me what to do. My bed was super comfy and clean, & the heat was on and ready for us upon arrival on such a cold day. My roomie slept in the loft and had the best sleep as well. I didn't use any of the amenities as we had events to run around to, but the room was clean and quiet.

Room tip: If you have children, request a room on the quiet side of the building
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2015

I will start by saying I was not actually staying at this hotel. On the morning of Halloween my boyfriend and I walked over to try a restaurant which we discovered had actually changed names and was not open. We ended up in the lobby to ask the front desk staff for any other recommendations on where we could find brunch at 11am.

The front desk staff was on the phone so we waited patiently....for no joke 10 minutes. While waiting it was clear she was talking to another employee and at no time acknowledged us standing in front of her or even stated 'Sorry I'll be right with you.' Once she was finished her phone call we asked about the restaurant in which she stated yes was closed for slow season. We asked for any suggestions and she said I'm sure there is something back in the village.

No suggestions, no map, it was quite clear we were a burden and she preferred to get back on the phone to complain again to her coworker which she had been doing.

Please if you are going to work somewhere, educate yourself with typical Q&A tourists will ask such as where to eat, if not provide a map or even suggest somewhere else to go ask to find the answers. I never even looked further than the lobby but we have no intentions of ever booking a room there.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Phil_Cosgrave, Guest Relations Manager at Blackcomb Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2015

Dear Ter E,

Thank you for your feedback.

I apologise as it sounds like you did not receive the service that we would expect to be providing to our guests or a member of the public.

I have emailed you privately; please feel free to discuss the matter with me further.

Best regards,