Reviews (2 386)
2 386 results
1 202
1 202
All reviews ski valet east tower heavenly bed firerock lounge spg points one bedroom suite per day self park full kitchen ski school hot tub gas fireplace driving range small kitchen can't beat the location end of the day ski equipment
852 - 857 of 2 386 reviews
Reviewed 17 January 2016

Stayed there 2 nights on points for a short ski holiday. As SPG Plat we were upgraded upon our arrival at 4pm on a 2 floors suite on the 9th floor. Great start!

With the ski rentals facility in house, we were able to do all of our booking on that night, so no wait to expect in the following morning.

As I choosed the continental breakfast as a Plat amenity, we had a good choice to select from.

Great day of ski! Upon our return to the room at about 4pm, we decided to go to the jacuzzi to relax our aching legs! What a bad surprise. One external jacuzzi, fully loaded with Brits that seems to enjoy being very close to each other. I'm not kidding, that jacuzzi probably had a 6-8 people maximum capacity, they were probably about 12 adults plus 3 kids in that jacuzzi!! It literraly turned us off, so we decided to go to the heated swimming pool (which was probably just few degrees below the jacuzzi)

We understood why the jacuzzi was fully loaded! Kids were jumping all over the swimming pool with no respect for the other adults and splashing everybody around them and their parents that could not care less about their behaviours, as they were all packed together in the jacuzzi.

This was a major disapointment for us, since there was no life guard on duty, hence no control on what was going on.

The following day, as we had to leave that night to head back to Vancouver, we finished the ski earlier, hence when we went to jacuzzi that day at around 3pm, we noticed that both the swimming pool and the jacuzzi were empty. So we understood that the rush hour is right after most people are back from the ski (after 3h30pm roughly). So if you want to enjoy a little relaxation after skiing, plan accordingly.

As a Plat, I was denied a 4pm late check-out on the last day, since I usually never used that privilege, I was disapointed by the response from the management. As a fair warning to other Plats, don't bet the end of your stay on that privilege.

Overall, we were satisfied with that stay and would go back, but with revised expectations!

2  Thank JeanLarry
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2016

Dear JeanLarry

Thank you for staying with us during your short ski trip! I'm happy that you had an overall enjoyable experience. It is unfortunate that at certain times the pool facilities can get crowded. I hope you were able to enjoy the jacuzzi at another time. We look forward to having you as our guest once more!

Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

Such a good location for a family ski holiday. Staff very friendly and helpful, the heated pool and hot tub at the end of a day's skiing was a hit with the kids. Showered them at the pool facilities and then straight up to the room for pajamas, dinner, bed. Perfect. Will be back.

The Grill and Vine also a hit with very good food and service. Option for the kids as well.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Mickhkg

Dear Mickhkg,

Thank you for the short and sweet review! I'm so pleased that you brought your whole family up for a ski trip and every member enjoyed themselves! I'm glad that you enjoyed The Grill and Vine. I hope we will see you all again the next time you come up to Whistler!

Reviewed 16 January 2016

I was a little nervous about our stay here after reading some bad reviews on the SPG site, but we had a great stay! Our room had a full kitchen in it, we never used it but it was nice to have a fridge. The only downside was that our neighbors cooked all their meals, so our room often ended up smelling of food. We had a great view of the mountain, our bed could have been more comfortable. The bathroom was a bit small, but functional. I do find if very annoying that you have to pay to have your ski equipment valet, where as if you were to stay at the Fairmont it is free. Parking is expensive, so we parked in the convention parking for a quarter of the cost. The lounge is awesome, that was our favorite part of the hotel. Even if you don't end up staying here, check out the lounge.

Date of stay: December 2015
3  Thank 2012J_R

Dear 2012J_R,

Thank you for the wonderful 5-star review! I'm glad you gave us a chance and I'm even more happy that you left a positively content and satisfied guest! The lounge is certainly a great place to kick back and relax. I'm delighted that you enjoyed it so much! I hope we will see you again on your next trip the Whistler!

Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

Stayed in a 1 bedroom suite with adjoining room for the three kids. Can't compliment staff highly enough from the moment we checked in. The hotel is conveniently located close to gondola and village which helps after a hard days ski. The ski concierge at the base of the mountain was fabulous.

The spa and pool area was welcome after a day of skiing. Highly recommend this hotel and I'm already booking for next season

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jungleboy70

Dear Jungleboy70,

Thank you for spending your Whistler vacation at the Westin! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the easy ski-in, ski-out feature we have. It's nice to be able to kick those boots off take a dip in the hot tub in just a few minutes! I'm absolutely delighted that you enjoyed our staff services and accommodation. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

Reviewed 14 January 2016

Everything is excellent but service slow, we had a nice room towards the mountain view in east. In the room we had a balcony with two chairs so that we can enjoy the snow and see the gondola which towards Whistler ski area.
We spent our white Christmas here and it was a fantastic experience! There are several shops and restaurants, after some activities in snow you should try the hot tub or heated pool in the hotel, that was the best relaxations.
The points about service slow is their clean servers forgot some shampoo, a robe and slippers, they delivered it in half hour after we asked for it. Another, the first room they offered to us was full of smoke because accidentally burned the plastic plates in the dishwasher.

Room tip: I recommend the room towards Mountain side in east.
Date of stay: December 2015
1  Thank Sandralovetravel
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2016

Dear Sandralovetravel,

Thank you for choosing the Westin to spend your Christmas holiday at! I'm delighted that you had a fantastic experience! I hope you were able to enjoy the village festivities during that time. I hope you will return again in the future!