“Nice setting in the Castle at Swan Lake”
Review of Castle Bistro

Castle Bistro
Ranked #41 of 236 Restaurants in Vernon
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Description: Vernon's Only German Restaurant, located in The Castle at Swan Lake Hotel, Vernon BC. Our specialty is our hand breaded and formed Schnitzels, several different varieties to choose from, and even better when paired with our selection of Wines and German Beers. We offer catering for your events, from weddings, retreats and birthdays.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The the staff were wonderful and were very responsive in making our experience special, but the Bavarian food choices were not as good as I would have expected.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Nice restaurant with a beautiful view of the lake. Good and fast service. The meat was a bit dry but the side dishes were delicious.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

I have two comments: Last week we were seated and waited for more than 20 minutes with no sign of service. We left and went elsewhere. Today we tried again and the service was faster. I ordered schnitzel, since this restaurant boasts a European menu. My 'schnitzel' was paper thin, tough, mostly fried bread crumbs held together with some dessicated meat fibres. A great disappointment for someone who loves real schnitzel.

1  Thank Erna M
Reviewed 3 June 2018

My wife and I went to the Castle for dinner with friends. It was, as usual, a very nice experience. The food (Veal Schnitzel in my case) is very good. Our server was friendly and professional and had a great sense of humor. The Castle Bistro has become of "go to" place for value, good food and a great view.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

We had free breakfast each morning (we stayed at The Castle five nights) and were very happy with how good the food was. We also had dinner there twice. The Prime Rib special on Friday night was excellent. Huge Yorkshire Pudding was the best of all of the restaurants I’ve been in. The Black Forest trifle was incredible. I could probably have that dessert every night for a month and then I’d still want more. Definitely will be returning during my next visit.

Date of visit: May 2018