“Lovely establishment”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Jubilee
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Two of my friends and I came for lunch as they had been here before, but I never had. Glad I didn't wait any longer to discover it! I live in the area and walk by quite often and the place is always full. I had a very nice quiche with salad [would like a bit more flavour in the oil dressing, however] , one friend had a chicken salad scone-wich with soup [a carrot/ginger medley] and I cannot remember what my other friend had! :| We all practically licked the plates, lunch was so delicious. The staff is delightful and very professional. They asked if we'd visited previously and when they found out I hadn't, brought all three of us a little shortbread slice with a strawberry on it. Very kind.
Don't get TOO comfortable, however, as you have 90 minutes to enjoy your lunch and move on. I'm of two minds with that edict as I understand why they do it, but part of me thinks it's a bit crass. That said, I will happily make a reservation and return to this charming little establishment.
We saw various teas and "Big Muckles" going by and they looked fabulous. Never mind going to the Empress................come here! Make a reservation though....it's not a very big place.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a great place for afternoon tea or lunch. The scones are excellent...my favourite is the almond apricot. There are many tea varieties to choose from. The tearoom is cosy and a great place to meet friends.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a great tea and a lovely time. We ordered the Big Muckle as we had not had lunch and were not able to finish it all. Good food and lovely conversations with the retired teachers who sat next to us.
The only drawback is the tighter quarters for some of the tables. I highly recommend you make reservations or you may not get a seat.
The cost was not inexpensive, but was far less than we found at the other places downtown, and I enjoyed seeing another area of Victoria.

1  Thank Ccp619
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The first thing we did when we arrived in Victoria was to celebrate with afternoon tea. I found such positive reviews about the White Heather Tea Room that we decided to try it too. My Mom and I had the Big Muckle, which was delicious and left us enough sweet treats to enjoy back at the airbnb. My brother is vegetarian and a nortoriously picky eater. He was quite pleased with the soup and salad he chose. My sister-in-law had a roasted veggy sandwich she said was tasy too. The tea selection is impressive. Everyone in your party gets their own pot so if you are will get to sample the teas chosen by your friends too. I enjoyed the Mad Hatter Tea so much I brought some home with me.

1  Thank PlanoTravelingDivas
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The food and tea selection is amazing! The area is definitely crowded and some of the staff are a little snobby. We go every year for a joint birthday party and seem to always have good service!

1  Thank ashleypazarlis