“Great sushi!”
Review of Marina Restaurant

Marina Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Marina Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #110 of 1 269 Restaurants in Victoria
Price range: US$12 - US$23
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: at The Oak Bay Marina
Transit: Route #8 stops in our parking lot. Route #2 stops two blocks away.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We have been coming to this restaurant every couple years for the last 10 years plus. At first we liked it a lot and then we felt that quality of their food was getting worse. However, this time we decided to give it another try and were not disappointed. We chose to eat at the sushi bar. While it did not have the view of the main room, it was very cozy and quiet. We ordered 2 miso soups and spicy fried calamari for an appetizer. Their calamaris were the most tender and flavorful we ever had. As we were told by our waitress, these were of a Humboldt variety. For main dish I ordered Shoukado Sushi Bento (tuna, salmon, surf clam, and tamago nigiri, California roll, assorted sashimi, seaweed salad, shrimp sunomono salad ) and my husband ordered Chirashi Don Bowl (Tuna, salmon, scallop, prawn, surf clam, tamago, avocado, seaweed salad on a bowl of rice). Everything was outstanding - very fresh and tasty. Their portions were substantial but not huge so we were full but without feeling overstuffed. We felt that their prices were very reasonable for high quality food they served.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is right on the bay. It had a good sushi bar with main restaurant right next to it. The room itself was crowded and loud. But the food was present very well and was tasty. I prefer my steak very rare, but it is often difficult to get the steak warm inside and not burnt outside. My steak was done perfectly. The seafood, prawns and scallops were cooked perfectly not over cooked and extremely fresh. Overall I would recommend this place and intend to return.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Just would like to start by saying our server Greg was fantastic! For appetizers we had steak tartare & steamed shellfish (clams & mussels). The broth of the mussels was the best I have ever tasted!! Clams & mussels cooked perfectly. Steak tartare plate had great pairings on the plate.
Next course was albacore & Arctic char. The tuna was excellent but I found the char a bit pale compared to what I am use to, although the taste was there. Both dishes were plated beautifully!!
Dessert we ordered a blackcurrent cake & a brownie. Both again plated perfectly & had great pairings with them.
Thanks so much for a great Anniversary dinner!!!

1  Thank Look4-2
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

It goes without saying, the view is awesome, parking is easy! Went with my girlfriend, for a little birthday celebration. Went for lunch, sat at the bar. Had a terrific female bartender, gave us good tips and recommendations! As usual, the food was awesome, great sushi, I had the fish cakes, just yummy! I am never dissapointed eating here! Good company, good wine, good food, great view.....of fabulous boats..what more can you ask for!

1  Thank valerieodell1967
Reviewed 30 May 2018

I keep trying to like this restaurant as it is close to where I work and is a perfect spot for a family of business lunch. Sadly the food continues to deteriorate. My go to has been the Bento Box, but they have even managed to wreck that. Recently I ordered it and the tempura prawns and vegetables came with a rock hard batter, much as you would see at a poor fish and chips restaurant. I mentioned it to my server and he apologized but nothing was done. Needless to say, it went uneaten. The salas they include is not Asian inspired in the least and flavourless and the gyoza were tough and dry. My partner ordered fish and chips which were good, but it came with two giant pieces of fish, far more than most people could ever eat. When I commented to the server, he said we could always order a half portion, but this was not evident in any way on the menu. A little clarity here would have been much appreciated. I have pretty much given up on this restaurant. It's too bad, because the location is wonderful. It's just too bad the food no linger measures up.

1  Thank Jean B