All reviews gorge road an older hotel pleasant stay beds were comfortable downtown kitchenette
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Disgusted with this hotel, the staff and lack of professionalism and consideration. I had made a reservation over 3 weeks prior to arriving, 2 rooms 5 days each totaling over $2000. they had charged my credit card prior to my arrival, I assumed it was a hold for the rooms as the other person on my reservation had checked in. Instead they cancelled one of my hotel rooms stay WITHOUT notification to me and left me without a room at 9 pm with a baby strapped to my chest and a toddler in the other hand. There were no other hotels with availability within 50 km of the Ramada Victoria. They then said they were fully booked and could only offer me a room with NO working Bathroom! How is that suppose to work with 2 children??? Not even 2 hours later when I was trying to find a hotel online, I saw they magically had rooms available for over $100 more a night then my original reservation leading me to believe they just cancelled my reservation because they could make more money.
I travel weekly for my work and have never been treated so poorly at any hotel, I stay with other Wyndham hotels and have never had issues, this Ramada is a disgusting representation of the Wyndham brand.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank 54321traveller
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

You been warned! We check in late (11pm) and when we got our room we found cookies crumbs on the bed. Yes the hotel is old and desperately needs a reno but lack of cleanliness is unacceptable. Went to complaint to front desk guy, he was not really apologetic and did offer to swap another room but went we check again, there was blood stains on 1 bed and lots of hair and blood on another. Technically housekeeping have never been doing their jobs. We were told to wait as he when down to find another room, and we waited. After a very long wait, we sense something was not right and went down to look for the guy. To our surprise, he has finished his shift and gone home. What kind of service is this? We have to explain our situation to the new gal who show up. So the new gal offered us to change room but they were all not clean!!! That's after looking at another 4 rooms!! In the end we took the "cleanest" room and paid for another small room to get by the night since it was already pass midnight. The next morning we demanded to see the manager, and we waited long time before the manager showed up. He did offered not to charged the small room and clean up the room we slept last night. How can Ramada let this happen to they hotel chain? There was another couple complaint about their room when we were waiting for the manager. I'm sure you can still find my DNA on the bed i slept in, room 412 if you check in.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank eltonw73
Reviewed 27 June 2018

The rooms in this hotel are in bad need of renovation. My room had cracked & stained bathroom sink, dirty leaking coffee maker, AC filter full of dust, and room fridge with puddles old brown liquid (coke?) in the bottom.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank audley2018
Reviewed 26 June 2018

The good bits are that the second floor was pretty quiet, except for the ceaseless attempts of the air conditioner to try and get the room down to the target temperature of 78 degrees. It did succeed in freezing the unfortunate occupant of the nearest bed. I cannot imagine what it would be like if it was acually hot out.

The staff were mostly friendly except at checkin when our proom wasn’t ready. The wifi was great. The restaurant was pleasant at breakfast, which was the only meal we ate there.

The room was dirty, right down to some mystery substance on the light switch that I finally cleaned myself on night two. The sheers were ripped. There are no rcycling containers for cans or newspapers. Two of three lights were unplugged resulting in search for plugs and lots of bending and getting down on knees. Third light had burned out bulb. No place to plug in coffee pot resulting in again getting on hands and knees to find a plug and pouring coffee from the floor. Rust around the bathtub seemed to match the wood showing through the paint on the door. At least it wasn’t actively peeling.
Charming hook for towels in bathroom would not stay straight and sometimes kept the clothes on. There was a magnificent total of four hangers for two people.
No ‘do not disturb’ sign available, although the only time cleaners came by was after 4 pm just in time for my pre-evening nap.
There was water in the warm fridge but it was easily wiped up once the fridge was turned on. The printer at the “business centre” was broken.

None of these would have been a major disappointment for a much less expensive roadside motel, but the place was quite expensive for what you get. I may have been misled by descriptions of views and comfort and by the Ramada name.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank deblaur
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Well this was the only hotel available for the date we HAD to be in Victoria, good old DND. So we arrived, I had been told hotel was filthy but it was not as bad as I had expected. Room very very small, there was mold on the shower curtain, I asked for it to be changed but it never was. Business centre, printer not working and never did while we were there. This is a problem as we were on a military house hunting trip and needed a printer. Pool was closed on the Tuesday of our stay and never opened, each day I asked what was wrong and when would it open, they always said "I do not know". Also one day we left at 9am returned at 3pm and room not cleaned, so we were asked to leave for 15 minutes so they could service the room, only 2 bath towels, no face clothes, not coffee or cups left. Every day the towel service was different, some time 3 bath towels sometime 2, one time no had towels and 3 times no face clothes, never an apology. If it was not that the government insisted on this trip there is no way we would have stayed there. Staff not friendly at all, and not accommodating at all. Never even apologized for no printer working (oh they would print what we needed for a cost) and no pool. I am in an aircast due to broken ankle so only exercise I can do is swimming as it does not cause stress on ankle. The guy told me go use weights, really?????

Room Tip: ask for balcony at least then you have an extra space
1  Thank msm1990