All reviews government street wood burning fireplace garrick's head flower boxes window boxes great location bastion square superior room heart of downtown bed was comfortable restaurants and pubs an older building within walking distance coffee maker old world charm street noise top floor
Reviewed 16 June 2018

Great location in the heart of the action. Bright, comfortable rooms, friendly and helpful staff. The only downsides, Rooms facing Government street will be noisy as was the bed. Loved our view over the flower filled window boxes.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 14 June 2018

Loved the old fashioned charm. Not much in the way of amenities but you are only steps away from just about anything you could need. Room cleaning was a little quirky but the room was clean when we arrived.

Room Tip: Our room looked out on a courtyard so there was no street noise.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2018

I booked this hotel through trip advisor who routed the payment through Cheap Tickets on May 17, 2018 paying 582.82 US for 4 nights three weeks before my (first ever) trip to Victoria. Discovered less than 48 hours later that I had a flight scheduling change and needed to get my child to the Vancouver airport before the ferries started running. Called Trip Advisor- they said I had to call the Hotel- the hotel manager said that since I booked through Trip Advisor they wouldn't refund for the reduced number of nights I would be staying.

Here's what I got for two nights which actually cost me 291/night:

The place is filthy. See picture of the grime on the stairways next to reception.
Our room faced Govt Street. It was unbearably hot and the AC provided no relief. The sink in the bathroom was cracked and there was mold / mildew in/around the grout on the faucet end of the tub. The internet is spotty and the electrical situation cant be legal (see pic). They have a 1 to 6 adapter plugged into the wall with all manner of things running off it. Fire Hazard. The TV was a generous 24". Parking is two blocks away and you pay extra for that.

But the best part was the bugs in the bed (see pic) not once, but on both nights.

so, if you want to be ripped off in a filthy hotel with bugs in the bed...this is your place. If not, there are lots of other options in Victoria which I wish I had known about.

Room Tip: Book Elsewhere
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Victoria gets pricey in the summer so while I would value this hotel around 100$ a night tops, we paid 196$. That said, the location is great, walking distance from everything including loads of great pubs, shops, and the inner Harbor, parliament. The nice thing about older hotels is they’re usually a little more spacious than newer ones. This place could use some upgrades for sure, but the staff were all super helpful and kind. It would be nice if parking or some form of breakfast was included. Parking was 11$ for the night, expiring at 1pm.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

We were in Victoria for Victoria day and enjoyed from carnival and shows about this day. The location of hotel is great and you are really in heart of city. The building is old but it has facilities such as elevator or coffee machine. Our rooms was big and furnished to old English style. They asked us $100 for destroying deposit that they didn't back yet. (17 days)

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family