Reviews (1 738)
1 738 results
1 115
1 115
All reviews across the bridge lure restaurant water taxi the club lounge tennis courts free shuttle hotel shuttle harbour view water view shuttle service beautiful hotel parliament building downtown area hotel restaurant downtown core an easy walk taxis
42 - 47 of 1 738 reviews
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Thought we’d treat ourselves on our special & much anticipated visit to Victoria.
We splashed out & paid top dollar for a room at this reputable ‘high end’ resort & were very excited about staying here. On booking we requested an harbour view room on a higher floor with a balcony.
Instead we got a very average room, although on a higher floor (748) with a postage stamp sized window with a glimpse of water on the side of the hotel.
No safe available in room.
Would definitely not class this a 5 star experience, a total disappointment.

3  Thank NZtravellers08
DeltaVictoria, Director of Operations at Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Dear NZtravellers08,

I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your room. I would love to discuss your concerns with you. Whenever you have a moment, please contact me at joanne.irvine@deltahotels.com. We would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back, as I am confident that we can provide an exceptional experience.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

Stayed there 3 nights recently. Super friendly staff went out of their way to please, especially at check in when, after a long & tiresome drive, I wasn't in the best of moods but she was super attentive and calming. It is a bit of a walk to the harbor, but not all that far and we actually liked the walk. Large room, ok view (partial water, lower floor). Very attentive and friendly staff at the "Lure" for a late night drink and conversation as well.

Room Tip: Some "water view" are better than others, growing trees obscure water on lower floors
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
DeltaVictoria, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear Doug,

I'm very happy to hear that you were pleased with the friendly service from our team. I look forward to sharing your kind comments. Thank you for staying with us!

Preston Rissley
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

We were very happy with our recent 3 night stay here. The amenities and food were excellent. The helpful concierge also couldn’t do enough to make sure we saw and experienced fun and interesting things around Victoria, booking us tours and excursions like kayaking and great restaurants. Highly recommended!

Dear Adrienne,

Thank you for your lovely comments about our fantastic Concierge, Karen. I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Preston Rissley
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 8 July 2018

Marriott is our go-to hotel chain now as we travel a lot for business and can take advantage of our "elite status". But this time around, I wanted to make sure we got the room I really wanted and paid full price for a King, Club, Deluxe, Water View Room. I don't know, I possibly hit the wrong time (Canada Day) but, with the exception of the view, I was a bit underwhelmed and kept asking myself where the deluxe part came in. Check in was fine and the room and service were kind of ordinary: there was no turn-down; the club floor lounge is way too small and it seems to be, literally, a family room with whiny kids, tired moms, and loud men talking or watching TV, and too few tables. The serving staff were pleasant, however, but they seemed weary. Maybe it was other little things, like the uninspired concrete "roundabout" entrance with no consideration for pedestrians, or the spa that is completely disconnected from other amenities like showers and lockers. But I also feel that when you are pushing $700/night rates, a glass of wine should be complimentary on the club floor or even at check-in - instead, it's at least $10+ which doesn't feel classy or luxurious.
However, the view from the room was remarkable - the entire harbor was within eyesight and it was fun to watch all the activity, including the super firework display for Canada Day. I also liked the location; it's across the bridge, away from the fray and close to Galloping Goose and trails along the water.
But at the end, I just don't think they deliver what the price reflects and they need to up their game to match the suggestion of luxury...

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank MAC81667
DeltaVictoria, Director of Operations at Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear MAC81667,

Thank you for staying with us. I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location, and the beautiful view from your room. I was sorry to hear that there were other areas of your stay which fell below your expectations. I would love to discuss your concerns with you. Whenever you have a moment, please contact me at joanne.irvine@deltahotels.com. I look forward to having the opportunity to speak with you.

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Very close to downtown Victoria with great views from our room of inner harbour. Lots is water activity from float planes to small ferries going past. Check in was a bit too casual for us as we were jet lagged and even finding the lift was hard ask of front desk staff who expected us to know where to go. However they were very helpful next day when we needed directions to the local grocery store. Room comfortable and had everything we needed except decent coffee! Had a machine that used a coffee sack that did not produce the strong early morning cup we needed- hence trip to grocery store to buy something we could drink! There were also no china coffee mugs only non recyclable paper ones that made our coffee seem very take away.
Swivel chairs at the window a nice touch so we could sit and watch the world go by.
The beds were standard doubles so we had one each to get a good nights sleep on first night. Would have appreciated a queen bed.
Our only meal was a catered buffet for our tour group and that was fine although p,ages were whisked away before we could contemplate seconds.
Drink at the bar was fine though took awhile to be served.

Dear silverthreads101,

Thank you for staying with us! I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed the friendly service that our staff provides. I appreciate your feedback regarding your check-in and will be certain to follow up with our front desk team. All of the beds in our hotel are queens or kings, I’m so sorry that you did not get your preferred bed type. I’m glad to hear that you were otherwise comfortable in your room. We hope to welcome you back for your next visit to beautiful Victoria.