“This place is disgustingly dirty. look up, way up when you're sitting there waiting for your crappy food.”
Review of Knight & Day

Knight & Day
Ranked #1 237 of 3 975 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Diner, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The newest owner 7 years ago or so, has completely ruined the experience of knight and day as it was, "back in the day". You can tell he penny pinches when it comes to the quality of the food. example. calls margarine butter, hollandaize sauce made with fake butter seperates, gross. Uses up left over chicken on Mondays from Sundays Buffet for all you can eat drum sticks and thighs. no white meat. If you have any kind of complaint, the manager at the time if you wanna call him that he looked 15 years old did nothing about concerns. The owner looks like hes on a power trip walking around there thinking all is good but losing customers every day. NO wonder.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

I’m surprised about a few things. One, Knight & Day is still around, at least this location (and Surrey maybe?). Two, the food is actually quite good. And three, service is quite pleasant and fast.

We came here with huge group of 7 families, each with at least two kids. Someone made rez a few days ahead but unfortunately they had no record of it and there were some miscommunication with what deals/offers are available. But they accommodated our group as best they can.

The place is how I remembered Knight & Day looked and felt like way back in the day.

The special that night, AYCE BBQ Beef Ribs with Fries and Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup for $17.99. Challenge accepted. A few of the dads signed up for AYCE as well. It turns out the BBQ beef ribs were really good—fall off the bone good. The AYCE is different every night.

A few ordered the Monte Kristo, which I think was only ok. The kids enjoyed their kids meals—Fish and Chips, Baked Lasagna, Chicken Strips, and Three Cheese Fettuccine Alfredo. The kids meal comes with non-refillable beverage and a scoop of ice cream. Good value for $6.99.

The servers assigned to our tables are very nice. The food came out quite fast. There were a few meals and drinks that they forgot but that was understandable considering we are a big group with children.

Overall, a really good experience. We’ll definitely be considering this place over the other all day breakfast chains especially for big group gatherings with kids.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

This restaurant is open 24 hours and is in a good location with it's own parking lot. It's very large inside with diner-style booths and has been in business a long time, but the food is average at best. The eggs we had for breakfast were good and weren't pale and tasteless like many breakfast joints, but the potatoes seemed to come from a frozen package. The waitress told us the hollandaise sauce was a pre-made mix, so they don't appear to prepare much from scratch. But if you are hungry at 3 am, you can get a full meal.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

I've been coming here for 40 years and the menu and variety hasn't changed much but the quality has gone down a bit. It's not as good as 40 years ago when it was run by the Greek owners but the Chinese cooks have pretty much remained the same.

The breakfasts hasn't changed and they still offer very good bacon, sausage and eggs. But their Pasta Wednesday specials have gone a little down hill. It doesn't taste as good as 40 years ago. The best is probably still the Sunday Buffet.

The service though is still incredible and friendly. Being a 24 hour restaurant, you can come here anytime. Its the reason why it has remained open for such a long time.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

I remembered Knight and Day as being a bit of an upscale Canadian/American restaurant when I was a kid. I'm not sure if I've changed or if they've changed. However, whether my memory serves me well or not, Knight and Day is a great place for some comfort food. My dad, husband, and I came for breakfast while my husband and I were visiting and all three of us had excellent meals. The server was fast and accurate. Some of the booths are looking kind of tired and the place could use a little sprucing up, but you'll leave satisfied.