Reviews (1 817)
1 817 results
1 322
1 322
All reviews samsung tablet loft suite great location bc place recommend hotel nespresso machine rogers arena modern hotel within walking distance downtown vancouver robson street breakfast buffet indoor pool hot tub front desk staff comfortable beds mini fridge
910 - 915 of 1 817 reviews
Reviewed 10 February 2016

Pretty nice hotel in a decent location; beds were comfy, room was clean. But overall not worth the price. Paper-thin walls, weird light switches, a glass-walled bathroom (??)... There are better places to stay.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hannah E, General Manager at Hotel BLU, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2016

Dear Michael,
Our hotel is the most modern and high tech hotel downtown Vancouver. Not sure why you found our light switches to be weird.
And having a glass between the bathroom and the bedroom is a "Design Trend" which we love and chose it when we built Hotel Blu almost 2 years ago. And as you noticed, there is a blind you can pull down.
We understand it does not appeal to everyone.
Vancouver has many beautiful hotels and I am sure you will find your perfect fit.
Happy Weekend!

Reviewed 9 February 2016

I went to this hotel as part of a business trip, and I absolutely loved it! It was extremely clean, and what you would expect from a boutique hotel. I used the workout room to run every morning, and was always alone, which was nice! I forgot my bathing suit, but I would suggest bringing one because their pool/hot tub/sauna area is beautiful and a really relaxing spot! The rooms were perfect, well maintained and nice. The check in and checkout service was quick. It was safe and in a perfect location! I had barely any time to myself in Vancouver, so it was nice to be able to walk up and down the strip in under a half hour to see all the shops and restaurants! I loved this hotel, and would suggest it to anyone looking for a nice place to stay. I have a very hard time sleeping in hotels, and this one had extremely comfortable beds and pillows and a very dark room! Loved it. The only downside was that they didn't have a free breakfast, other than that it was great.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2016

There's a lot more technology here than I needed...tablet, fancy TV, glass wall between room & bathroom. While this was somewhat lost on me (just needed a bed/room for business trip), it seemed pretty cool, and the young staff at the hotel were very helpful and friendly. Most of the hotel is residences, but the hotel rooms are very cool. I was worried it would be loud, but not at all. Location was great - I'd stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2016

My husband and I enjoyed our stay very much. It's a quick walk to Yaletown, central downtown and my fave area Gastown. Staff offered us a drink when we arrived, the rooms were very comfy, the Nespresso machine was nice to have, there's a guest laundry room, and a sauna in the pool area. I appreciate the hotel's attempts to also be more enviromental. All in all, a great experience!

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank BL1109
Reviewed 2 February 2016

The hotel is very nice, and the location good. Good (free) wifi. On-site parking is expensive (and, although you can self-park, comes with an obligatory valet price and no way to get to your car unattended after you check out).

Maybe I sort of felt like I wasn't cool enough to stay here.

Nothing bad here that would keep me away, but I'll likely try somewhere else next time.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
NeilinDhanji, Owner at Hotel BLU, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2016

Hello Ob3ron,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Guest feedback is always so important to us. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed the Wifi and location. It was very important to us that during construction we have fibre brought to the building to allow for the strongest Wifi possible. As well, thank you for noting our parking policy. We are pleased to provide no additional fees for the valet service. We charge the same amount for self-park as valet service because we want all our guests to know that at Hotel BLU, we do not expect our guests to pay more for great guest service. It is our pleasure to take care of our guests' needs and we don't feel we should charge for this!

Thank you again for taking the time and we hope you will choose Hotel BLU again in the future.

With warm regards,