“Great Indian food, not good drinks or service ”

India Bistro Vancouver
Reserve with OpenTable
India Bistro Vancouver is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #649 of 4 097 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$3 - US$12
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Davie Village
Description: India Bistro Vancouver serves delicious Indian food in a warm, cozy environment. Our lunch buffet is a local favorite in downtown Vancouver! India Bistro Vancouver has been nominated the best Indian restaurant in the city, and we strive to live up to the title daily! We serve Halal meat as well. We serve a large selection of delicious authentic Indian food in the heart of downtown. Located at 1157 Davie street.
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

We visited India bistro while staying at a hotel across the street, there are quite a few option when it come to Indian food in this area so deciding which one was a bit difficult. We picked this one because it had an authentic feeling decor and decent priced food. We ordered the butter chicken, lamb korma, Chana masala and palak paneer as well as some rice and naan. They were all quite delicious the only food that was a lot down was their stuffed naan (can’t remember the name of it). We did also order drinks, I ordered a mojito and it was just horrible it tasted like a glass of lime juice. The service wasn’t great either it took a while for our order to be taken as well as no one really check how thinks were so I wasn’t able to really say anything about my drink. I would however still go back the food was well worth it.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Six of us went here for supper on a Sunday evening and we were not disappointed. Our son ordered all dishes from the Vegetarian menu and they were all delicious. We ordered way too much food, but I am embarrassed to say there was not much remaining by the end of the evening. Service was good.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Quiet warm dinning room with a wide variety of entrees including lamb and sea food. I highly recommend the Garlic and potato stuffed nan.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

The India Bistro is in a great location, on a bustling street, from where store and people watching is a super fun way to kill time.

We got a Dal Tadka, Veg Methi, Palak Paneer Naan, Aloo Paratha, & Rasmalai. The food was piping hot and delicately flavoured. The service was amazing too, very friendly staff. We really enjoyed our meal here.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Have been there for my Christmas party with friends. We ordered couple of appetizers and main course. Tandori Fish Sizzlers with mint sauce i tried first time in my life. it is soo good force me to eat all even even having no appetite. Definitely come back and will try other sizzlers too. Service is prompt and good.