“Good sushi ”

Ranked #2 613 of 4 040 Restaurants in Vancouver
Neighbourhood: Davie Village
Neighbourhood: Davie Village
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed this place for sushi. They offer many gluten free options and carry a GF soy sauce. Good value.

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

I was really disappointed with my visit here. To start the waitress was rude and didn't even seat us, she told us to sit where ever. I ordered the chicken teriyaki lunch box, and it arrived 10 minutes before my girlfriends sushi. When I saw my lunch I was really unhappy. The lunchbox was so small, it didn't taste much better. The rice was like glue, the chicken was dry and the tampora was cold. I ate about half of it and had to wait 15 minutes for the bill. When the bill finally arrived, I told the server I was happy and she looked at me and said you ate it. This place is a total waste, I could have gone down the street and gotten a good lunch box for $7, but me wanting to try something new paid $10 for way less.

1  Thank charles g
Reviewed 1 August 2016

It was Pride weekend and we were looking for somewhere to eat right after the parade had ended. The staff worked hard to get our party of 5 seated quickly, although that meant cramming us into a corner. But it would have all been worth it if the food had been delicious. I'm a big sushi fan and in Vancouver it is unacceptable to have anything less than stellar sushi in a dense urban neighbourhood such as the West End. The sushi rice was undercooked, and it was cold - as in, it had been cooled/refrigerated. Sushi should be served at room temperature. Not cold! The negitoro looked slapped together and the consistency of the tuna was too mushy. The tempura in the dynamite roll was soggy. Given how quickly my order appeared, my guess is they prepped it ahead of time. Unacceptable. Excellent sushi is everywhere in Vancouver, pass this one and find somewhere else to eat.

Reviewed 3 June 2016

I needed to grab a bite before an engagement. The sushi combo plate was a great price, tasty, and a very generous serving. I had a window seat and could people watch while I ate.

Reviewed 7 March 2016

Wow was that disgusting. I had ordered a plate of sushi (combo) that had three kinds of sushi with avocado. The pictures show each piece having a bit of avocado and a good amount of fish.

The plate came to me looking like a wreck. It was unevenly made with rice falling off the pieces. It was very sloppy. There was so much avocado it was completely unappetizing. There was virtually no fish in some of them. And the fish quality was not even good. I ate a few of the pieces and showed the waitress the picture in the menu and said look- this does not look like that! She said sorry and brought the check. I should have demanded not to pay for it. It was a mound of disgustingness. Do not waste your money here. Absolutely disgusting!